BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-17-2014, 06:36 PM   #1
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Maintaining optimum performance and handling

My car is coming close to seven years since production/ownership and I am not planning to upgrade just yet, after having read repeated reviews as to how the new F8x /// is lacking its soul (engine).

What are the things I need to look out for in terms of keeping the performance/handling at optimum. I change my engine oil every 12 months and the manual gearbox oil every 24k kms.

With the old E46 things like control arm bushing where changed as they split or went soft.

I like to know what I should look out for to keep things close to new. Any advice/help would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
      05-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #2
italyix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

My engine mounts were completely sheared at 58k miles. I only found out 'cause I had the Vorschlag ones installed.

Diff bushings would be another one to look at. Shocks maybe in case urs are worn out as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 10:28 PM   #3
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by italyix View Post
My engine mounts were completely sheared at 58k miles. I only found out 'cause I had the Vorschlag ones installed.

Diff bushings would be another one to look at. Shocks maybe in case urs are worn out as well.
Thank you ... I have done just 43k km mainly spirited street driving and just two track days in the last seven year. Car is not lowered so I don't think the shocks might have gone, unless it's an age issue.