BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

03-26-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
momo3605
Major
Rep
Drives: M340i LCI, 718 GTS 4.0

Warranty ending next month on 22k miles 2010 M3. What should i have dealership do?

Hi guys,

Question is in the title. I know there are a few services between 30-40k and I'm trying to figure out what are some important maintenance items I should have done. So far through looking through this forum, I've compiled this list:

For a DCT M3:

-Diff Fluid
-Spark Plugs
-Oil Change
-Brakes
-Windshield Wipers
-Miscellaneous fluids
-New battery (My battery has been showing low charge for a couple weeks now)

Anything else you would recommend?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #2
kaleb
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 X5 35d

Do the Miscellaneous fluids for sure, you'll want to get all of those...

All joking aside, I'm fairly certain you can't just demand the dealer change/do anything you want under the warranty/maintenance plan. Did you mean you're willing to pay for the diff fluid change and these other items?

If so, 22k seems a bit premature for diff fluid and perhaps even spark plugs.
2012 X5 35D - Platinum Gray / Cinnamon Options: Sport, Tech, Cold Weather, comfort seats, leather dash, high beam assist, lane-departure warning, soft-close doors, two-row, self-leveling suspension, hi-fi stereo
Tracks driven (in any car): Nürburgring Nordschleife (05/2011), LeMans (ok, just the public part), Eagles Canyon Raceway, MotorSport Ranch Cresson, COTA Austin
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #3
momo3605
Major
Rep
Drives: M340i LCI, 718 GTS 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleb View Post
Do the Miscellaneous fluids for sure, you'll want to get all of those...

All joking aside, I'm fairly certain you can't just demand the dealer change/do anything you want under the warranty/maintenance plan. Did you mean you're willing to pay for the diff fluid change and these other items?

If so, 22k seems a bit premature for diff fluid and perhaps even spark plugs.
Of course I can't demand, but generally a nice SA will take care of some stuff because you're not using the rest of the maintenance plan. If I drove to 50k miles, they would have been changing the oil, filters, everything many times more. They save a bunch of money this way and they can gain some customer loyalty along the way.

edit: I just want to clarify, I don't want to discuss the logistics of getting the dealership to take care of whatever I want, because they will. I'm just asking what are the maintenance items between 30k-50k miles assuming you use all of your miles.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #4
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Seems like a good list if you can get all that accomplished would be a good deal.
Appreciate 0