BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

03-22-2014, 11:18 PM   #1
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Sport Mode that you toggle vs. Sport Mode by sliding the shfter

Hey guys...

Can someone explain this? What is the difference between toggling into Sport Mode from the toggle switch on the center counsel vs. sliding the shifter over to the side and going into S (which I'm assuming is also Sport Mode)? I know that you can manually up/down shift while in the S mode, but you can also just leave it in the S mode and it will shift automatically....just like toggling it to Sport Mode and leaving the shifter in normal position. What mode are you in if you toggle the switch to Sport Mode and then slide the shifter over? Sport Sport Mode? Then how about Sport+? Sport+ Sport Mode???? So confused.

Z.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 03:21 AM   #2
nikolaras
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 3.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
Hey guys...

Can someone explain this? What is the difference between toggling into Sport Mode from the toggle switch on the center counsel vs. sliding the shifter over to the side and going into S (which I'm assuming is also Sport Mode)? I know that you can manually up/down shift while in the S mode, but you can also just leave it in the S mode and it will shift automatically....just like toggling it to Sport Mode and leaving the shifter in normal position. What mode are you in if you toggle the switch to Sport Mode and then slide the shifter over? Sport Sport Mode? Then how about Sport+? Sport+ Sport Mode???? So confused.

Z.
If you change from the shifter you just setup your gearbox into sport mode ...but if you change from the toogle switch you are getting a fully sport setup (sterring, gearbox, DTC xdrive etc) .Now.... if you change into sport+ then you get the stability programm turned of "for enchanced driving pleasure" . As for the shifter if you get it left out of Drive mode you go in Sport mode and if you move it up or down then it changes manually and is in Manual mode

I hope i helped
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 03:43 PM   #3
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Ok. Then let me ask you this: If I toggle into Sport Mode (gearbox, Chassis, DTC, etc), and then slide the shifter into Sport Mode ( which only does gearbox), is sliding into Sport Mode do nothing because toggling into Sport Mode already put the gearbox into Sport Mode? I mean, you can't put the gearbox into Sport Mode twice.

Z.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #4
nikolaras
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 3.0D

I am not sure about that because there isn't any sign but as far as i know if you get the toogle switch in sport or sport+ you get everything firmed up except of the gearbox so you can't put it twice....
Appreciate 0