BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
Ecksman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 m3

Anyone in the Union, Nj area that can help me out?

I'm sort of a newbie here, although I've had my car since October of last year, I rarely post on here, however, I am on these forums everyday reading and trying to gain some knowledge on these cars. I have a 2008 e90 with about 39k miles. Within the last month I got an oil change and a brake fluid flush. Both times the car was inspected by a very reputable shop. Yesterday, I drove the car around for a bit since it isn't my daily driver and at one point parked it on a parking lot. I decided to park at the end of the lot on a bit of a hill. As soon as I finished backing into the parking spot, the SES light and the amber logo of the engine came on. Anyone have any similar experience?

Last edited by Ecksman; 03-19-2014 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #2
4corners
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jet Black M3 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Xavier View Post
I'm sort of a newbie here, although I've had my car since October of last year, I rarely post on here, however, I am on these forums everyday reading and trying to gain some knowledge on these cars. I have a 2008 e90 with about 39k miles. Within the last month I got an oil change and a brake fluid flush. Both times the car was inspected by a very reputable shop. Yesterday, I drove the car around for a bit since it isn't my daily driver and at one point parked it on a parking lot. I decided to park at the end of the lot on a bit of a hill. As soon as I finished backing into the parking spot, the SES light and the amber logo of the engine came on. Anyone have any similar experience?
Get it scanned, or buy a scanner for under $100, and see what the code is. Obviously a sensor generated a code. Could be any number of things. Not too serious though.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #3
Ecksman
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Called the shop, can't get an appointment til next Friday. I don't feel comfortable driving it around. Anyone in the union county, NJ area that can scan it for me? If it's something minor, I can just do it myself, instead of spending a ton of money at the shop.

Last edited by Ecksman; 03-19-2014 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: Missed a word
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
kwality
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 aw m

autozone on 22 in union loans out tools. you just need to leave a deposit. you get it back when you return it.

someone would have to drive you there to pick it up.

good luck. let us know what the code was.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
Ecksman
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Scratch that, I actually just spoke one of the mechanics at work. He's gonna do me a solid and check it out tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted on what it is.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 11:44 AM   #6
Ecksman
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ok, I got code p0191, fuel rail sensor. I got it cleared and we will see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #7
Ecksman
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ok, since it's a nice day here in jersey, I decided to take the car out for a ride. As I was merging on to the Highway, I decided to punch it a little. As I did this, I immediately got the the car on a lift light and right after that, the outline of the engine half solid in orange (I believe it's reduced power). I did a little research and couldn't really come up with much. I know it's hard to diagnose over the internet but, what the f*** could it be??? I'm taking the car to the shop as soon as I can but I'd like to know what to expect.
Appreciate 0