BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
bradbragg
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 sDrive 35i

Question Driver Assistance Plus

It's a given that I'm going to get Driver Assistance Package ($1400).

I'm a little confused about the Driver Assistance Plus package.

On the 'packages' tab on the BMW build website, there is an option for Driver Assistance Plus ($1900) and a second option for ACC Stop and Go with Active Driving Assistant ($1200 in addition to Driver Assistance Plus). Selecting both options is $1900+$1200=$3100.

On the 'options' tab, there is an option there for just ACC Stop and Go with Active Driving Assistant for $1900. It is possible to select Driver Assitance Package on the package tab and ACC Stop and Go on the option tab and NOT select the Driver Assistance Plus on the package tab.

I definitely want the Driver Assistance Package for the HUD primarily, and I definitely want the ACC Stop and Go. What do I get with the $3100 option above that I would not get with the $1900 option? (in other words, what exactly does 'Driver Assistance Plus' do that ACC and Driver Assistance Package do not?

Confusing, I know. BMW needs to rename these things...they all sounds similar.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
lovec1990
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X

if you order Driver Assistance Plus and you add ACC Stop and Go with Active Driving Assistant it costs you 3100 right?

but if you order otherway you mentioned:
-Driver Assistance Package 1400
-ACC Stop and Go with Active Driving Assistant 1900
you see you would paid more plus with ordering Driver Assistance Plus you get Surround View
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 02:03 PM   #3
GoSooners
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5d

It appears that you don't get active blind spot monitoring, surround view, etc if you don't select Driver Assistance Plus. I got this:

"On the 'options' tab, there is an option there for just ACC Stop and Go with Active Driving Assistant for $1900. It is possible to select Driver Assitance Package on the package tab and ACC Stop and Go on the option tab and NOT select the Driver Assistance Plus on the package tab."

Mainly for the extended instrument cluster and ACC
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbragg View Post
It's a given that I'm going to get Driver Assistance Package ($1400).

I'm a little confused about the Driver Assistance Plus package.

On the 'packages' tab on the BMW build website, there is an option for Driver Assistance Plus ($1900) and a second option for ACC Stop and Go with Active Driving Assistant ($1200 in addition to Driver Assistance Plus). Selecting both options is $1900+$1200=$3100.

On the 'options' tab, there is an option there for just ACC Stop and Go with Active Driving Assistant for $1900. It is possible to select Driver Assitance Package on the package tab and ACC Stop and Go on the option tab and NOT select the Driver Assistance Plus on the package tab.

I definitely want the Driver Assistance Package for the HUD primarily, and I definitely want the ACC Stop and Go. What do I get with the $3100 option above that I would not get with the $1900 option? (in other words, what exactly does 'Driver Assistance Plus' do that ACC and Driver Assistance Package do not?

Confusing, I know. BMW needs to rename these things...they all sounds similar.
Use product codes may help.
My guess is: as each country is specific ( need a US owner to confirm)

a)5AT without ZDB is $1900*
Ordering 5AT includes 5AS.

bi) ZDB alone is $1900 or bii) ZDB with 5AT ($1900 + $1200**)
ZDB bi) also includes 5AS

One can choose a) or b)I) or b)ii)

5AS is already priced in ZDB, hence save $700(*less**)

ZDA altogether separate $1400 and independent of the above.

I have them all from a different packages, nice. Canada is nice as Men's hockey did it again. Hope this helps.

Last edited by barcelona; 02-23-2014 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: typo within 10 mins
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #5
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

The driver assistant package will be standard equipment from 4/2014. Only thing extra you get with plus is Traffic Jam Assistant. Lane change warning and cameras are separate optional extras. This is for Europe, probably different in the States.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 08:34 PM   #6
joejoejr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35i

Driver Assistance Plus for April+ 2014 Builds in US?

Can someone confirm the price of this option for builds that include "Active Drive Assistant" as standard equipment? Was any new functionality added to this package for 04/14+ builds or does it still only include the following additional features:
• Active Blind Spot Detection
• Surround View ($700 ala carte)
• Speed Limit Info
Appreciate 0