BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

02-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
JVP13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 ZCP

More expensive with BMW?

So I had a little mishap with my M the other day. Been a real bad winter here and my M is my DD. Nothing crazy but got a few dents and scratches in some awkward places that have to be replaced. Worst part, except my car being dinged up, is every collision place is packed with other cars that were also damaged in this bad winter. There's even 3 other M3's at the collision place I took my car too, all E9X's as well. So my car is gonna take a while even tho it's not nearly as bad as some of the other cars there.

Anyways I don't have rental coverage on my car, long story, and I went to rent a car from Enterprise because they give out "discounts" for BMW owners. I hopped on their site and check out rates on cars. Funny thing is after I checked my rates and then I checked the rates with the "discount" for BMW. It ended up being an average $55 MORE WITH THE DISCOUNT PER WEEK. So clearly do not use this crap. I think they assume you can pay more because you have a newer BMW? Craziness

I even checked out HERTZ they do give a small discount but it's only good for up to 7 days then it goes up big time. Long Story short, I'm adding rental coverage on my insurance when I have to renew, worth it.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #2
tinman831
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Go on fatwallet.com and look up their car rental thread. There's tons of coupons for a bunch of different groups and organizations you may qualify for. There will be a coupon in there that you can use.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 01:18 PM   #3
JVP13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the info tinman
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #4
TheDeliverator
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A Singularity

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Yep, encountered this type of BMW discount a few times.

V1C / Bel STiR+ / Integrated mirror display / AD08r f255/35 r275/35
/ IND Euro Bumper / MP Splitters / MP Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #5
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Wow, that fatwallet thread is still alive? I haven't rented in a while but I started using codes in that thread in 2005. I must have saved a ton of money over the years.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #6
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by killadelphiaM3 View Post
So I had a little mishap with my M the other day. Been a real bad winter here and my M is my DD. Nothing crazy but got a few dents and scratches in some awkward places that have to be replaced. Worst part, except my car being dinged up, is every collision place is packed with other cars that were also damaged in this bad winter. There's even 3 other M3's at the collision place I took my car too, all E9X's as well. So my car is gonna take a while even tho it's not nearly as bad as some of the other cars there.

Anyways I don't have rental coverage on my car, long story, and I went to rent a car from Enterprise because they give out "discounts" for BMW owners. I hopped on their site and check out rates on cars. Funny thing is after I checked my rates and then I checked the rates with the "discount" for BMW. It ended up being an average $55 MORE WITH THE DISCOUNT PER WEEK. So clearly do not use this crap. I think they assume you can pay more because you have a newer BMW? Craziness

I even checked out HERTZ they do give a small discount but it's only good for up to 7 days then it goes up big time. Long Story short, I'm adding rental coverage on my insurance when I have to renew, worth it.

Rental coverage is cheap; and you don't need to wait to add it. You can call at anytime. Add the coverage now if you plan on dropping the car of for repairs soon; just be advised that the coverage is only there if you are gonna file a claim for the winter damages found to the car
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #7
tinman831
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Also check your credit card company to see if they offer coverage on rentals. I believe some companies have ins if you rent with their cc.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #8
JVP13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
Rental coverage is cheap; and you don't need to wait to add it. You can call at anytime. Add the coverage now if you plan on dropping the car of for repairs soon; just be advised that the coverage is only there if you are gonna file a claim for the winter damages found to the car
Thanks for reply. Like I said it's a long story. I have/had another car but my brother is using it currently. I was just worried about adding it because, I did make an insurance claim, and didn't want my rates to be adjusted or a new policy written because my insurance just got renewed a week before the solo accident, so my insurance can't raise the rates until my policy expires for renewal again. But I am aware its cheap for Rental coverage, but didn't need it when I got my policy years ago.
Appreciate 0