BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

06-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
Mr. Liu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 '14 E63 '05 E55K

Low Mileage Cars - Services?

Hey guys,

I'm sure a lot of you on these forums don't put too many miles on your M.... I personally bought the car august 2010 and have roughly 20k miles on her, with the bulk of the miles driven the first year before I got another car to drive daily.

My warranty will expire in september 2014, and I don't think I will even hit the 30k service by then.

Are they any precautionary services I should have them take a look at before my warranty is up? Anything I should do between before my warranty runs out?

Any insight will be great!
      07-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
DavidZ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11.5 E90 M3 6MT

I've been putting about 2k miles a year on my 2011 - it's only at 5,500 miles after 2 and a half years as I've other cars to drive. I've been getting a yearly complimentary oil change. That's about all the complimentary service I'm going to be taking advantage of as I won't even be at 10k miles when my 4 years are up (which is fine with me as I'd rather do my maintenance myself). I think all you can do is take your car in before your warranty is up and ask if there's any complimentary maintenance you can take advantage of before your time is up. They'll probably do your 30k service early for you.