BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
dyolfknip
Rep
Drives: 2011 330d Coupe

Canadian buying through Diplomatic sales in Germany

Hey all, first post, few questions.

I am being posted to germany this summer. In speaking with someone at Bavarian Motor Cars, they sent me a price list. For an M3 through them I am looking at $52000 before any options. Here in Canada, that same car is $74000, so it is obviously a no brainer as to where to buy.

My questions are:
1. And Canadians who have done this on here?
2. They are US spec so I know the dash and DRL have to be up to Canada's standards. (a quick look at the dash shows it is in MPH and KPH though and DRL should just be a flash of the computer) Any other specs I dont know about?
3. Are there any other diplomatic or military sales people over there that I can use also?

Thanks again..

Mods I hope this is in the right place, if not, please move it.....
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
runnerguy1979
One Life ... Live It
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E92 6MT ZCP Space Grey

Pentagon is recommended

PM me and I can get you in contact with other Canadians stationed over in Europe that could probably help you with all the particulars on purchasing through diplomatic sales.

I personally went with Pentagon Car Sales, another sales broker similar to Bavarian but much bigger (and better in my opinion....and, Bavarian mainly deals with internet sales...Pentagon has actual locations you can go visit and test drive the cars at). I did my research and my reasoning was go with who sells more and has the most experience (and knows how not to make mistakes). My research led me to a guy named Mathias Hemmer (mathias.hemmer@pentagoncarsales.com) who works at the Ramstein Pentagon location in German. I just finished my purchase with him and not only has he probably sold more M3s than anyone else in Europe, I have to say he made the process incredibly smooth.

And, he lives/breathes M3s...email him and you won't be disappointed.

Again, PM me for more info if interested. I'd be happy to help in any way.

cheers,
Brian
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
dyolfknip
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerguy1979 View Post
PM me and I can get you in contact with other Canadians stationed over in Europe that could probably help you with all the particulars on purchasing through diplomatic sales.

I personally went with Pentagon Car Sales, another sales broker similar to Bavarian but much bigger (and better in my opinion....and, Bavarian mainly deals with internet sales...Pentagon has actual locations you can go visit and test drive the cars at). I did my research and my reasoning was go with who sells more and has the most experience (and knows how not to make mistakes). My research led me to a guy named Mathias Hemmer (mathias.hemmer@pentagoncarsales.com) who works at the Ramstein Pentagon location in German. I just finished my purchase with him and not only has he probably sold more M3s than anyone else in Europe, I have to say he made the process incredibly smooth.

And, he lives/breathes M3s...email him and you won't be disappointed.

Again, PM me for more info if interested. I'd be happy to help in any way.

cheers,
Brian

Thanks Brian. I cant seem to PM at the moment, I imagine it has to do with post count? I looked at Pentagon and it seemd they only dealt with US customers.
If you can PM me first I would love to pick your brain.

Todd
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
runnerguy1979
One Life ... Live It
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E92 6MT ZCP Space Grey

Todd,

I can't PM you either ... I assume you're right because of the low post-count.

If you post your email address, I'll shoot you an email and we can chat.

I definitely don't think Pentagon is only US....the entire company is run through the Canadian NATEX out of Germany (at least that's what my paperwork says) and I have a polish friend that purchased an M3 from them a few months back as well so I know for a fact they are not exclusive to the US.

If I can email you, I can also pass you contact info of other Canadians posted here in Europe and they might know some better options for you.

I'll do what i can to help, mate.

Brian
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
dyolfknip
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerguy1979 View Post
Todd,

I can't PM you either ... I assume you're right because of the low post-count.

If you post your email address, I'll shoot you an email and we can chat.

I definitely don't think Pentagon is only US....the entire company is run through the Canadian NATEX out of Germany (at least that's what my paperwork says) and I have a polish friend that purchased an M3 from them a few months back as well so I know for a fact they are not exclusive to the US.

If I can email you, I can also pass you contact info of other Canadians posted here in Europe and they might know some better options for you.

I'll do what i can to help, mate.

Brian

Ya I need like 5 posts and have to wait 48 hours....

Thats great to hear it is out of the Natex....I will be looking it up on my HHT....

my email is howardteATgmail.com

Thanks, I appreciate it...

Todd
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #6
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

Good luck.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0