BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

02-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
69VanNuys
Rep
Drives: M3

Contacts in iDrive?

Does anyone know how many contacts the iDrive Telephone will store?

I have 1900 contacts and the iPhone4s is only transfering data from the snap-in-adaptor to the Address Book in the Telephone function of iDrive.

Is there a limit in number of contacts or overall file size?

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
Car_Girl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 xDrive 5.0i

Great question. Sorry I have no answer. I'm subscribing just to see if someone does have an answer.

Oddly enough, I paired my Thunderbolt via BT yesterday and I had 718 total. They were all loaded into the car system via BT and I made an outbound call via voice control with no problem. I went through some other settings since we just bought the car yesterday and when I went back to Contacts, it was blank.

I went online since I don't know why the Contacts disappeared from the Address Book and found out that there were others with the same issue - different phones including BlackBerry and iPhone were reporting the same problems but I didn't think to ask how many Contacts they had. I would think that since the HD stores 12GB of data for songs that 700+ Contacts wouldn't be a problem but there could be a limit baked into the code.

In any case, I hope someone has an answer for us on the total number possible. Thanks for asking.
Appreciate 0