BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

12-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Thumbs up BMW M3 / 3 Series Named Car and Driver 10 Best for 21st Consecutive Time

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW 3 Series / M3 Named Car and Driver 10 Best for 21st Consecutive Time
COMMENTS
Name:  bmwcd1.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  208.4 KB

Car and Driver has named their 2012 10Best Cars List and as always, the BMW 3 Series and M3 makes an appearance.

Per C/D: The competition should have figured out a way to beat the BMW 3-series by now. It’s not for lack of trying: Every so often, another carmaker will pitch a worthy competitor into the mix, but none has been able to knock the 3-series from its pedestal or even maintain its consistent brilliance. After 21 consecutive years on the 10Best list, BMW continues to evolve the 3-series toward some platonic ideal of sportiness.

You don’t notice the seats, the steering, the suspension, or the brakes because everything feels natural. Everything feels right. And how has no other automaker matched the silkiness of BMW’s inline-six engines?

Don’t forget the M3, either, which remains magnificent in the twilight of a celebrated life, thanks largely to that lusty 414-hp, 8300-rpm V-8. The 3-series sedan is on hiatus until a new model drops in February. In other words, even as the entire current 3-series lineup is on the way out the door, it still roasts the competition. The biggest threat to its dominance is not from another carmaker but from BMW itself. An increased focus on gizmology has robbed a couple of recently introduced BMWs of the athletic, connected feeling that made the old Ultimate Driving Machine tag line ring so true. Here’s to hoping BMW doesn’t screw up the best one.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
An increased focus on gizmology has robbed a couple of recently introduced BMWs of the athletic, connected feeling that made the old Ultimate Driving Machine tag line ring so true.
Wonder which car(s) they're talking about?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
MKE_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

w00t!
      12-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Wonder which car(s) they're talking about?
EDIT: I think I'm mistaken on one of them - removed /EDIT

New 5 series. (non-M)
      12-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
Andy_H_E92_M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3

Is gizmology a word? d:-)
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #6
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
I think that news is a few weeks old now

Here is what they write in the article .... quote

The competition should have figured out a way to beat the BMW 3-series by now. It’s not for lack of trying: Every so often, another carmaker will pitch a worthy competitor into the mix, but none has been able to knock the 3-series from its pedestal or even maintain its consistent brilliance. After 21 consecutive years on the 10Best list, BMW continues to evolve the 3-series toward some platonic ideal of sportiness. You don’t notice the seats, the steering, the suspension, or the brakes because everything feels natural. Everything feels right. And how has no other automaker matched the silkiness of BMW’s inline-six engines? Don’t forget the M3, either, which remains magnificent in the twilight of a celebrated life, thanks largely to that lusty 414-hp, 8300-rpm V-8. The 3-series sedan is on hiatus until a new model drops in February. In other words, even as the entire current 3-series lineup is on the way out the door, it still roasts the competition. The biggest threat to its dominance is not from another carmaker but from BMW itself. An increased focus on gizmology has robbed a couple of recently introduced BMWs of the athletic, connected feeling that made the old Ultimate Driving Machine tag line ring so true. Here’s to hoping BMW doesn’t screw up the best one.

```````` End Quote

When I red this a few weeks ago (the highlighted sentence) it convinced me to trade in my Basic M3 for an all loaded 2012 M3

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 12-17-2011 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: added article quote
Appreciate 0