BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

11-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
Minator
Whatever
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 DCT '09 E92m3 sold

Gve me a dipstick!

So I take my 09 M3 DTC in for SIB 28 01 10....dealer performs the re-flash and tells me there are a few quirks that BMW NA is working on...first of all my door ajar warning comes on when ever I shift into reverse...I guess the seat belt required is normal before engaging tranny clutch... the car drives better, the DTC is less jerky...seems to be smarter and quicker in selecting correct gear when no manual down shift is inputted by driver when cornering or coming to a stop and then back on throttle. that part I like...however the next day I notice my oil level is showing an overfull condition...this is bizarre since the level was fine and has been very consistent on my electronic gauge. The dealer did the last oil change and the level has been perfect since. Well the tech says lets change the oil to make sure its not over filled...but I watched him make the change and he did not measure the oil draining out..he said it look like a normal level came out..but if the re-flash affected the oil sensor then it will be reading full and still be low. Now I notice a light tapping noise from the valve train between 2-3k that I don't remember..I know these s65's are not the quietest valve trains around and after 3k all you hear is that fantastic intake noise and the exhaust. I added just under.5 liter of TWS and the tapping noise got a little quieter. now my only choice is to drain and measure the oil myself to see what is in there and refill starting at just under 8 liters and see what the gauge says....WHY can't we have a dipstick?...I'm all for new tech but this sucks. No engine mods just brakes on my car.
Appreciate 0