BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

11-10-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Question Can We Order Individual Estoril Blue, Avus Blue, Or Frozen Grey?

can we order individual estoril blue, avus blue, or frozen grey or are we limited in individual colors as well?
      11-10-2011, 05:59 AM   #2
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

yes you can
      11-10-2011, 06:14 AM   #3
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
yes you can
Even the limited edition frozen colors? I remember reading a few posts where people tried to get the limited edition frozen colors and it was not approved by BMW.

Other colors, yes, assuming BMW approves it and I think their cost is 2x more expensive than the "standard" individual colors.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 06:53 AM   #4
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
can we order individual estoril blue, avus blue, or frozen grey or are we limited in individual colors as well?
Yes, although it will be Estoril II, not Estoril. Also, I am not sure if that color is available yet since it is relatively new (as of the F20 MSport release). You can try and see what they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
Even the limited edition frozen colors? I remember reading a few posts where people tried to get the limited edition frozen colors and it was not approved by BMW.
Frozen Gray - what the OP asked about - is being approved in the US now as far as I know since the Frozen Gray limited edition car has long since come and gone.

Frozen Black might still be "embargoed" in the US (I don't know for sure, you would have to ask) due to the recent FB SE, and Frozen Silver probably won't get approved any time soon due to the brand new Frozen Silver SE.

Don't know about Frozen Dark Blue, since that's brand spanking new. That's definitely the best of the bunch though - so that's the one I'd try for. Amazing looking color in pics, probably even better in real life.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 07:04 AM   #5
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

Frozen Gray - what the OP asked about - is being approved in the US now as far as I know since the Frozen Gray limited edition car has long since come and gone.

Frozen Black might still be "embargoed" in the US (I don't know for sure, you would have to ask) due to the recent FB SE, and Frozen Silver probably won't get approved any time soon due to the brand new Frozen Silver SE.

Don't know about Frozen Blue, since that's brand spanking new. That's definitely the best of the bunch though - so that's the one I'd try for. Amazing looking color in pics, probably even better in real life.
Didn't know that. However, by approving the use of these colors that were previously used only on special editions (at least in the US) it takes away from what made those cars special and limited
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 07:18 AM   #6
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
However, by approving the use of these colors that were previously used only on special editions (at least in the US) it takes away from what made those cars special and limited
Indeed. However, a savvy consumer ignores the marketing hype anyway. After all, with 30 made, the FG cars are much more common than an Individual Fire Orange or even a Dakar Yellow M3. So the limited edition talk is sketchy at best.

Also, if you look at the price of the SE FG car for example, it was basically MSRP for an M3 with the included options, plus $5k MSRP for the Individual paint. In fact, for that one they even threw in the one day M school too. Now, the SE FB and FS cars might very well be marked up a bit more (I dont' know I haven't done the math, and don't remember those car's asking prices anyway) since they probably realized they can milk more money out of people.

In the US, you really buy one of these cars to get the color before otherwise possible, not because you actually believe it is rare.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 07:30 AM   #7
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Indeed. However, a savvy consumer ignores the marketing hype anyway. After all, with 30 made, the FG cars are much more common than an Individual Fire Oranage or even a Dakar Yellow M3. So the limited edition talk is sketchy at best.

Also, if you look at the price of the SE FG car for example, it was basically MSRP for an M3 with the included options, plus $5k MSRP for the Individual paint. In fact, for that one they even threw in the one day M school too. Now, the SE FB and FS cars might very well be marked up a bit more (I dont' know I haven't done the math, and don't remember those car's asking prices anyway) since they probably realized they can milk more money out of people.

In the US, you really buy one of these cars to get the color before otherwise possible, not because you actually believe it is rare.
Agreed - it definitely makes the SE not so special and an excellent example of what marketing can do. Now, personally, I think FO should have been limited to ONLY the GTS!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #8
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

you can get the special edition colors but you cannot get them combined with the special edition interior. However, you can get them with swapped interior ext. in other words you can get frozen black with black red interior and you can get frozen grey with black w/ red stitching interior.
frozen silver is not available, at least when I tried.
      11-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #9
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
you can get the special edition colors but you cannot get them combined with the special edition interior.
Well, where the SE FG car is concerned, its "special" interior was made available as a standard option for MY 2011 anyway. So it should indeed be possible to order what is essentially a facsimile of that car today. You may very well be correct as far as the FB SE is concerned, since it had the Individual interior as well, and they could therefore not approve your order. In time, however, that restriction may be lifted as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #10
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
You can order pretty much anything thru Individual, the approval is something else entirely.

Do not get caught up on what Individual denied before, whatever it is could be approved today and declined tomorrow again. The only thing that matters is to contact Individual directly somehow and deal with them "face to face" (email to email).

You will get much better attention to your requests than going thru any CA -not a CA's fault at all, it is what it is because you will be dealing with the source- and most importantly, you will get personalized advice of available options and compositions that you may not even knew possible.
Appreciate 0