XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
Steve Gill
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 xDrive, F82 GTS

Garage List
Delivery to the UK

Has anyone else ever tracked delivery of an X6 or X5 to the UK?

I ordered a new X6M in early August, and it arrived at the port (Charleston I believe) on the 2nd September. It was loaded onto a boat on the 11th, the Toreador, which went to Bremerhaven for a couple of days, and then left for Southampton, arriving on Tuesday morning (0300). That morning I had a call from the dealer confirming it had arrived in the UK.

The dealer called someone today who confirmed it was leaving for Thorne (distribution centre) tomorrow, and I should have it sometime next week.

The dealer believes that all X5s and X6s are quality checked in Germany during that 2 day period - does anyone know?

Is anyone else as sad as I am to track their car across the atlantic?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 05:20 AM   #2
Dunzzy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435Xd White

Steve,
Your not alone in this. I did the same thing back in April. Lost track of the vehicle after it was offloaded in Bremerhaven. Car was at the dealers 2 weeks later later. I believe the EU customs and initial inspection is done at Bremerhaven and full inspection done at VDC (Thorne). Deal does final prep and registration. Not long to wait now though!
Appreciate 0