New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

09-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
Karimi
Registered
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 335i

New window tint professionally installed. But lots of smudge marks?

Hey all. I'm new to the forums (just got a new crimson red 335i ) but thought this question fell more into the non-BMW discussion area.

Yesterday I got a higher grade window tint (Formula One Pinnacle series) put on my car by a professional tint shop (LA Tint, Alexandria VA). I have to say the tint looks amazing, but the problem is that there's smudge marks practically on every window!

When I left the associate told me not to roll my windows down for 2 or 3 days so the tint adhesive could dry. I'm wondering if I should wait and see if the smudge marks go away during this time frame. So I guess my ultimate question is... is it normal to see a considerable amount of smudges and streaks during the "drying" phase?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
brocken
Captain
Rep

Drives: X3MC

Tint usually looks not so good for the first couple weeks while it's drying. I would call the shop though and ask them for sure.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
Karimi
Registered
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 335i

Thanks. I just called the tint shop and they said that the first week you'll usually see some squeegee marks. That should go away in the next few days as long as I don't pull down the windows today and tomorrow to let the adhesive dry. If it doesn't then they'll take it back and touch it up.

Sorry I posted an entire thread for this, but thought it would be good for others looking to tint their cars to know.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: MP4

I got FormulaOne Pinnacle tint done, and it looks pretty amazing the first day out. I saw no smudging, maybe a little streaks. While tints do improve with time, I also believe their measurable improvement is still influenced by where it starts out.