BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Performance

So they smashed passenger side window

Hi All,
I just wanted to share my anger with you after somebody smashed my passenger side window when I left my car parked on the street late evening in Hammersmith, London. The only thing they stole is my old ipod which was obviously not visible as it was in the pouch under the armrest. The armrest was opened but they left my chewing gums intact, they didn't even look into the glove compartment as my sunglasses were there... The alarm went off as the red light was blinking rapidly... Lots of broken glass on my Performance seats... hope it didn't damage them.
Well thats the story... I guess tomorrow I will have to arrange window replacement with the service here in London,
My car is registered and insured in Poland so it will complicate things a little.
Anyone knows how much they usually charge for window replacement as I might just pay myself to speed it up and than claim the money back from my insurance...

Well it was also the first time I used the sos button as I wasn't sure how to proceed I pressed it and was connected to emergency service and asked for police, they had my location immediately but because that wasn't emergency I asked for a local police number to contact them.
Well now I know that it works.

The funny thing was that when the emergency guy was connecting me to the police I could hear them talking to each other and he was giving the women from the police the details my car sent to them and she was like: "What kind of number is that?" so he said: "the button in the car was pressed and this is this kind of service that it connects the caller to us"
If would note it down I could have my cars telephone number... but I remember it is by t-mobile
      10-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelitto View Post
Hi All,
I just wanted to share my anger with you after somebody smashed my passenger side window when I left my car parked on the street late evening in Hammersmith, London. The only thing they stole is my old ipod which was obviously not visible as it was in the pouch under the armrest. The armrest was opened but they left my chewing gums intact, they didn't even look into the glove compartment as my sunglasses were there... The alarm went off as the red light was blinking rapidly... Lots of broken glass on my Performance seats... hope it didn't damage them.
Well thats the story... I guess tomorrow I will have to arrange window replacement with the service here in London,
My car is registered and insured in Poland so it will complicate things a little.
Anyone knows how much they usually charge for window replacement as I might just pay myself to speed it up and than claim the money back from my insurance...

Well it was also the first time I used the sos button as I wasn't sure how to proceed I pressed it and was connected to emergency service and asked for police, they had my location immediately but because that wasn't emergency I asked for a local police number to contact them.
Well now I know that it works.

The funny thing was that when the emergency guy was connecting me to the police I could hear them talking to each other and he was giving the women from the police the details my car sent to them and she was like: "What kind of number is that?" so he said: "the button in the car was pressed and this is this kind of service that it connects the caller to us"
If would note it down I could have my cars telephone number... but I remember it is by t-mobile
Sorry to hear that bro. The window shouldn't cost too much...you'll get the money back from the insurance co anyway. Make sure you take a close look at the door trim panel, belt molding, door weatherstrip, interior trim and of course the outside of the door. Glass causes a lot of collateral damage all of which insurance will pay for.

Previous Cars: 2008' 135i, 2010' 328i, 2013' 328i, 2016' M235i, 2017' X1, 2019' M240i
Current Cars: 2019' X3, 2021' M3 Comp
Appreciate 0