BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
mugennosora
Master Wang
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB 2016 M3

just changed to the 16" blizzak WS-60

Hey guys, i just changed to my 16" blizzak today (thanks again gill). OMFG, the car rides so much different, it's like a whole new car all over, handles so much better, and not as stubborn anymore, smooth turns, feels luxerious....All I can say is RFT really sux ass big time....and Blizzak...you rules...

one question though, i tighten all the bolts(actually it's screws) at 88 lb. with torque wranch.(not air tool) do i need to tighten it after 25 mls?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
martinsmu
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i, White/ red int

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugennosora View Post
Hey guys, i just changed to my 16" blizzak today (thanks again gill). OMFG, the car rides so much different, it's like a whole new car all over, handles so much better, and not as stubborn anymore, smooth turns, feels luxerious....All I can say is RFT really sux ass big time....and Blizzak...you rules...

one question though, i tighten all the bolts(actually it's screws) at 88 lb. with torque wranch.(not air tool) do i need to tighten it after 25 mls?
You should re torque after a hundred miles or so. And then chek again after a 3-400 miles if you have a torque wrench. Aluminum can work a little. Air tools SHOULD NEVER be used to torque wheels as they are fairly in-accurate.

Congrats on the new wheels, I have 17" blizzacks and they rock. Deff go with them again.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
mugennosora
Master Wang
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB 2016 M3

hey Martinsmu, thanks for the reply, I guess i am just kind of worried because it's a screw vs the typical nuts and bolt. I'll check on it again at 100 mls, hopefully it doesn't fall off anytime soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 11:03 PM   #4
Canexican
Closet N54 Fan
Rep
Drives:

I'll give you that the WS-60's ride softer, but better handling? I have them currently installed on my Evo and in the snow its incredible, but on dry pavement its nite and day worse than my old Falken-912 all-seasons. Lateral grip is hit hard and steering response is extremely sluggish. Its just too tall of a tread pattern and soft of a compound for good dry street use.

I've heard RFT's are bad, but worse than Blizzaks on a dry road? Thats REALLY bad.
Stock Turbo. Stock Cams. E85 Powered. Tuned by JSDyno.com
Sweet vids of my car kicking ass...
Appreciate 0