BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-06-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
pit1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Another HPFP Saga

Two weeks ago I brought her in for a few long cranks and one SEL. They claimed no faults. Last night I get the long crank and the yellow light we all dread so much. Damn that thing was slow. If I let it fall to idle I would stall. Traffic was a juggle of gas and brake application. Heel toe was a huge help.

Tried bmw roadside and scheduled a 7am pickup. At 7:15 I called and they had no record of my request. So I'm still sitting at the dealer battling for a loaner car. The 1er was prepped with a snows and roof rack and all for a ski trip this afternoon.

I would be so upset if I hadn't brought it in two weeks ago for the long crank, lag and throttle hesitation.
Thank god this didn't happen in WV.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

That sucks. The handling of the HPFP failures has just been horrible on BMW's part, and I'm willing to be it shows in the next round of quality/satisfaction surveys that hit the press.
Appreciate 0