New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Classic BMW (Pre-2005 Models)

06-05-2024, 04:02 AM   #1
crosstherubicon
Registered
Rep

Drives: E63

E63 CCC to NBT Retrofit

Nearly got it working but need a little help!

The CCC head unit failed on my E63. I'd purchased a BimmerRetrofit kit some years back so decided to give it a go despite them now being out of business.

The install's actually gone quite well. I've got the NBT unit working in the car and pretty much everything works with one important exception, no sound. I've got the S677A HiFi system Professional DSP and of course the NBT unit needs coding for that option. I don't have any details on the car that the NBT unit came from.

So, I need to code the head unit for the S677A configuration. I decided to do the coding outside of the car both for convenience and to avoid any issues of accidentally coding any other ECU's. I've got a laptop with a copy of e-sys and the e-sys loader working and connected up to the NBT unit via the head units ethernet connections. I bought the bench top cable kit and have the NBT unit fired up from an external power supply and working with a HU display. I can ping the head unit at its 169.254.199 address so I have network connectivity and I can connect to the head unit with e-sys using the gateway 169.254.199:6801.

I do not have a ZGW and do not know what model the NBT came from. However, I can select a F01 chassis from v.4.38.30_PSdZData_Lite-BU, activate the FA and then read the ECU. Hey presto I have a listing of the NBT ECU with all of the various optional settings including the listing for the amplifier setting.

However, no matter what I've tried, the option settings are all greyed and cannot be selected. I've tried reinstalling e-sys and the loader, checked the token, I even considered manually editing the ncd file but decided against that idea.

Any suggestions as to what to look for or what I'm doing wrong? All suggestions would be most gratefully received!
Appreciate 0