BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-15-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
groovyjay
Individual1
Rep
Drives:

I can't bear the excitement!

Ok, here's a little story. The winter is slowly turning into spring time again and I've been thinking about getting a small power boat for those nice summer days. So I went to a local boat shop, couldn't find anything special so I decided to stop by the BMW dealer nearby. My 1's delivery date was set on the end of April, but I thought I went there just to see if they had any 1's there for a test drive. They had a nice 120d in black and beautiful grey 123d just waiting there to be driven.

So I walked into the show room to arrange a 123d test drive and to my surprise I found an ex-colleague working there. After 15 minutes of the usual how-have-you-been-chat he finally asked me what I was doing there. I told him, I was planning on taking a 123d for a test drive to see how it compares to the 120d which I'd bought. We started a discussion on the new 1-series and he just couldn't stop praising the 135i, which is his person daily driver and he liked it more then the new M3 for the funness óf the car!

I finally got the point where I started telling him about the colours and options that I ticked for my car. My car is white with red leather. He said they had one white 1-series upstairs waiting on a delivery and asked if I wanted to have a look at it. As I have yet to see one in white, I said sure.

There it was, dirty as hell from been on a truck driven on wet and snowy roads from Germany to Finland. At first I noticed the small 16" wheels and the standard front bumper. I asked if that was a 120d. He wasn't sure and went around the back to have a look, but it was a badge-delete car, just like mine. I went around as well and noticed the single polished exhaust, it's got to be a 120d.

He then went to get the keys for it, so I could have a look at the interior, which looked to be a red leather option.

As soon as he opened the door, I saw the same steering wheel I opted, same interior trim, automatic climate control, sport seats etc etc... I was 1:1 to what I had ordered and was bit bummed to see that someone had chosen all the same options and to make matters worse, his/hers car was already ready for delivery.

After going through even more of the options on the car, my car dealer friend said that it might be my car! He said it was very unlikely that someone had all the same options no more no less.

At first I didn't even register what he just said, just nodded along. He then went to call the guy who had sold me the car (who was out on lunch) and he got the verification, it was indeed my car and the delivery was a 1.5 months early!

After that I was all I started to take a closer look at the car. I was congratulating myself for the right options. It all looked as good if not better than I had expected!

Although the car has arrived, the paperwork for the car will follow next week and then I can go pick it up. Even though I wasn't expecting to get the car untile late April and it now turned into late March, I can't wait any longer!!! I can't bear the excitement!

Here's couple of really lousy cameraphone shots:

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
new_one
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

wow what a fantastic surprise! congrats.

- Jim new_one
"All human interaction is mathematics and politics."
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #3
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

Congrats! I bet your happy now. WOW the red with white looks great. Now I must think about red Coral. How will resale be with Coral red and Alpine White?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 09:12 AM   #4
peppebmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X3 M40i

That is a great story! I can only imagine how excited you were. Man I hope I pick mine up by next Friday. I can't bear the thought of another week when the car is only a state away.

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
2022 RE Continental GT 650
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #5
TP 135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i SGM MT

Garage List
SWEET............I'm very happy for you and also very jealous.
Maybe I should cruise over to my dealer and see if mine is there and they don't know it

2008 135i SGM
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
why doesn't that crap ever happen to me..? damn karma
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #7
edge350
Junior Cheeseburger
Rep
Drives:

Wow! I would be staring at that car and thinking, can I wait a week? Break and entering to steal your own car is, essentially a victimless crime. The paperwork would arrive before the court date was even fixed. Really, no one gets hurt...

Crimson Red/Terra 135i, delivered 4/19/08, traded in 9/8/08. Recovering addict, still a fan.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 02:02 PM   #8
greyvents
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

wow, what a great story! thanks for posting those pics up - apart from the interior colour, mine should look very similar to yours.

you're definately going to get your car before me though! congrats man!
Appreciate 0