BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

03-14-2021, 11:35 PM   #1
X5Buell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5 35D M sport

Since I知 getting a detail.. has anyone had the interior trims polished and coated

I知 having my car polished and paint correction done over spring break. The interior gloss black and wood is the vein of my existence
When the sun comes thru the roof I cringe at all those marks. I知 wondering if it痴 possible to have the inside bits polished and coated.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 06:03 AM   #2
Jessethebody
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5

The wood trim has a clear top coat that can be polished easily. Masking around the area will ensure that the polishing compound only interacts with your trim not everything else in your interior 😉

I'm not sure about the glossy black plastic, likely yes. But I would try a little spot in a discreet area before committing to polishing all of it.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 11:50 AM   #3
jab23
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

I just did the main piano black section of my X5M trim this weekend. I swear the previous owner used a brillo pad to clean it when I saw it in the sun. Looks much better...not perfect, but MUCH better. Taped of the trim around that section and used ScratchX 2.0 and a microfiber cloth. Easy stuff.

And isn't it "Bane" of your existence!?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 06:34 PM   #4
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab23 View Post
I just did the main piano black section of my X5M trim this weekend. I swear the previous owner used a brillo pad to clean it when I saw it in the sun. Looks much better...not perfect, but MUCH better. Taped of the trim around that section and used ScratchX 2.0 and a microfiber cloth. Easy stuff.

And isn't it "Bane" of your existence!?
Same here. I have the piano black trim and used Scratch X to remove the scratches from the center console area, dash, and doors. They were not too badly scratched and now look 95% back to original - not bad for a 2018! However, I have full leather and noticed that some of the leather around the center console area has white marks from the polish. Guess, I can clean it at some point. I taped it, so not sure how the polish got into the leather. Oh well.

The easier option is to wrap it with vinyl - carbon fiber will probably look pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 11:33 PM   #5
X5Buell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5 35D M sport

I am having the interior polished and ceramic coated second week of April. I値l post how it goes.
Appreciate 0