BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

07-29-2019, 04:42 PM   #1
Longsmith
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i catless only mod

Stealership clueless after 2 weeks

08 335i MHD mod. I had my cabin air filter off and engine cover off for a week or so. Went to reassemble and afterwards it would turn over but not crank. Idrive was giving me every possible malfunction code. Couldn’t communicate with computer until I Messed with wiring harness and removed the air filter and covers again. Then I had a chance to clear codes and it started right up. Did this a few more times but had it towed To the dealership. It’s been 2 weeks. They replaced the DME but couldn’t communicate so they replaced the pins on wiring harness and still can’t communicate. They are just replacing shit now. Do I have to pay for all the shit they replaced that wasn’t the problem? Also side note. 2 month old OEM battery is apparently dead now too but covered under warranty. Not sure what drained it .

Last edited by Longsmith; 07-29-2019 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: Delete
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 05:27 PM   #2
velociti
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Wrong forum, bud.

Good luck...
      07-29-2019, 05:51 PM   #3
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M3

Ohhhh the wonderful n54 motor
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 07:58 PM   #4
AC/DC
NooB
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siajoon View Post
Ohhhh the wonderful n54 motor
Yeah, dude, n54 is another forum, but I respect your pain. I once had a 335i N54, and bought a 2011 E90 M3 with no regrets. Hopefully you can too!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 08:00 PM   #5
randrews15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longsmith View Post
08 335i MHD mod. I had my cabin air filter off and engine cover off for a week or so. Went to reassemble and afterwards it would turn over but not crank. Idrive was giving me every possible malfunction code. Couldn’t communicate with computer until I Messed with wiring harness and removed the air filter and covers again. Then I had a chance to clear codes and it started right up. Did this a few more times but had it towed To the dealership. It’s been 2 weeks. They replaced the DME but couldn’t communicate so they replaced the pins on wiring harness and still can’t communicate. They are just replacing shit now. Do I have to pay for all the shit they replaced that wasn’t the problem? Also side note. 2 month old OEM battery is apparently dead now too but covered under warranty. Not sure what drained it .
If you authorized the work then you have to pay for it.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 09:33 PM   #6
mapster37
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Quote:

would turn over but not crank? are you clarifying that the engine is not seized? no crank means the engine does not turn over. if you authorized repairs/diagnosis you are responsible for it.....
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 01:30 AM   #7
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Water probably shorted out one of the relays and dme isn’t powering on

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2019, 11:49 AM   #8
BeaterM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335XI (sold)/E92 M3 (sold)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Why did you leave the engine cover and air filter off anyways? Was this outside? Hope not.
Appreciate 0