BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-01-2019, 11:57 AM   #1
uisim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

Failed emissions, again, 2yrs in a row

So my last emissions I had to take the e92 M3 to the dealer because all monitors were not ready. Not bad 200$ later they said they did something with the same and passed it for me. This time around the o2 monitor reads not ready no matter what I do. Followed all the cycles to the t, used inca to check codes and nothing. Anyone have this issue? What was the outcome?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 12:09 PM   #2
eatsleepboost
Captain
Rep
Drives: Evo

Do you have stock xpipe?
Appreciate 1
ItsGary1457.50
      03-01-2019, 12:16 PM   #3
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

Were gonna need a lot more info to help you. Lets start with, what sensors are showing not ready? Have you modded anything tune or exhaust wise? What is causing your sensors to be reset over the last year since your previous issue?

After a system reset, a specific drive cycle is necessary to get sensors ready. its very particular in how it must be done. Assuming you dont have any issues with o2 sensors, evap system, cats etc, it works for me every time and I can do it in 30 mins max. Sounds like you know this since you said you followed it to the T. Be sure you dont exceed 3000 rpm and that you are gingerly using throttle at all times during the readiness testing.
https://www.instructables.com/id/How...or-Smog-Check/

Considering your situation, it is highly recommended you pick up an OBD2 reader and do your own check using Carly or another sw solution BEFORE you try to go get your emissions run. Save yourself the headache of failing again and again.

Harrop Supercharger, BPM Tune, K/W Coil over kit, Stoptek BBK, Magnaflow exhaust, ear to ear grin everytime I drive...
Appreciate 0