BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

01-26-2019, 02:58 PM   #1
Norms
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP

Left Low Beam Malfunction

Hey guys I know this one has been asked several times, but I've read several posts and cant seem to find my scenario...

I had the left headlight (drivers side) go out on me the other day. Thinking
I knew what I was doing I swapped bulbs from one side to the other to determine if it was bulb or ballast..... after swapping, the left headlight still did not work but the bulb I swapped to the right side works just fine. I automatically though it was the ballast after reading a few older posts here. I just replaced the ballast and still no left headlight??? I swapped ballast from left to right wondering if I received a bad one. but it works fine on the right. So I then swapped the adaptive modules from left to right.... Same story! right headlight works fine, but no left headlight with known working parts? I'm stuck! what am I missing? what else could it be?
Would like to figure it out before putting the bumper back on and taking it somewhere to have it diagnosed
2012 E92 M3
11/2011 build date

forgot to mention, everything else but the actual headlight is working on the left side..

Last edited by Norms; 01-26-2019 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2019, 04:09 AM   #2
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Is there water damage at the plug on the bottom of the light? If not you’ll have reset the frm with tool32

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2019, 07:52 AM   #3
Norms
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
Is there water damage at the plug on the bottom of the light? If not you'll have reset the frm with tool32
There is evidence of apparent moisture at one time or another, but the connections look clean. There is a slight bit of surface rust on the metal plug housing.
Without taking it to the stealership, is there a do it yourself way to reset this? Could I just buy a software package or something?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2019, 01:50 PM   #4
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Kcan cable and download BMW standard tools it will come with tool32 and you just have to configure your edibas settings and once inpa works you can use tool32 to reset the check counter for that light.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 02:28 PM   #5
Califurnia
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08’ E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
Kcan cable and download BMW standard tools it will come with tool32 and you just have to configure your edibas settings and once inpa works you can use tool32 to reset the check counter for that light.
Can you use a foxwell reader to do this
Appreciate 0