R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

05-28-2018, 07:57 PM   #1
bwhouse
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM M2C

M4 Comp Aus Pricing

Hi All,

I am thinking about making the change back to BMW after a short fling with Audi

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but I am wondering what sort of prices people are getting on M4 Competitions at the moment. I have seen some good deals on 2017 plated models however I really want a 6MT so will probably need to order one, hence would love to know what people have managed to negotiate.

Regards,
Ben
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 04:20 AM   #2
Vertix
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 CP Black

I ordered a black 6mt comp pack on the last day of Jan from BMW Sydney, so hopefully this is really relevant for you!

Got most options, including the more gimmicky stuff like wireless charging.

When pricing it up it originally came to around 175k. I'm really shit at negotiating and got it for 156k. No one has floor stock of new manuals, so you gotta order new most of the time. I usually find it much easier to get a really good discount on floor stock vs ordering.

Just a note, the company I worked for had some gold partnership deal which got me free servicing for 60k km and took a few thousand off the dealer delivery. You could probably negotiate all that stuff into your deal.

The car was built at the end of March, arrived on a boat today and I'll hopefully be able to collect it in the next 2-3 weeks!

As I said, I'm terrible at negotiating and it's been quite sometime since I ordered. I'd expect you to get a much better deal now.

Hope that helps, good luck with your purchase!

Last edited by Vertix; 06-02-2018 at 12:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 04:35 AM   #3
MPoweRo
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 ZCP LCI2 M, G05 X5 40i

Yeah you'll have to order a manual in so your room for negotiation will be narrowed. If a DCT appeals, I would think you could get close to $140k on floor stock with 2017 compliance. Otherwise you are looking at closer to what Vertix paid.

M4 Times (PSC2): Sandown: 1.21.76 Winton:
1M Times (PSC2):
Phillip Island: 1.53.09 Sandown: 1.24.03 Calder Park: 1.07.31 Winton: 1.36.71
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 07:11 AM   #4
Aapparition90
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 lci m3 mw

Garage List
2014 bmw 328i  [0.00]
2012 bmw 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPoweRo View Post
Yeah you'll have to order a manual in so your room for negotiation will be narrowed. If a DCT appeals, I would think you could get close to $140k on floor stock with 2017 compliance. Otherwise you are looking at closer to what Vertix paid.
https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/d...15987732/?Cr=0

that's at 117k for a pure.. i think 130s should be achievable for floor stock mate but I doubt you will find anything in manual.
      05-29-2018, 08:05 AM   #5
bwhouse
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertix View Post
I ordered a black 6mt comp pack on the last day of Jan from BMW Sydney, so hopefully this is really relevant for you!

When pricing it up it originally came to around 175k. I'm really shit at negotiating and got it for 156k. No one has floor stock of new manuals, so you gotta order new most of the time. I usually find it much easier to get a really good discount on floor stock vs ordering.

Just a note, the company I worked for had some gold partnership deal which got me free servicing for 60km and took a few thousand off the dealer delivery. You could probably negotiate all that stuff into your deal.

The car was built at the end of March, arrived on a boat today and I'll hopefully be able to collect it in the next 2-3 weeks!

As I said, I'm terrible at negotiating and it's been quite sometime since I ordered. I'd expect you to get a much better deal now.

Thanks Vertix! That is pretty much inline with what I have been quoted. What is frustrating is that as Aapparition90 has pointed out I have seen a few people get close to 130k for a floor stock DCT model that is 2017 plated. I really want a manual but I am not sure I am whiling to pay the ~20k delta to order one.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 09:48 AM   #6
Vertix
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhouse View Post
Thanks Vertix! That is pretty much inline with what I have been quoted. What is frustrating is that as Aapparition90 has pointed out I have seen a few people get close to 130k for a floor stock DCT model that is 2017 plated. I really want a manual but I am not sure I am whiling to pay the ~20k delta to order one.
Yeah it's a real shame there isn't more manuals available. Sign of the times I guess, people are just not buying them these days. Can't blame them with how good the DCT is though!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 10:57 PM   #7
squareznboxez
Registered
Rep
Drives: Nissan Skyline

From all the suggested changes the G80 M3/4 will bring, the F80 series will most likely be the last generation available with 3-pedals

The next gen G series M3/4 will be lighter and have more power (thanks to mild hybrid treatment by way of a 48V battery unit) and able to be optioned with AWD X-Drive. The next gen will most likely lose the manual option (as the CS models did).

A 2017 M4 with the competition pack is a great buy next to the upcoming M2 competition as it is actually marginally lighter and is better appointed (HUD, Merino leather, Carbon roof and trunk). The only performance caveat is the M2C is able to be optioned with the relatively low cost big 6F/4R pot brakes with steel discs ($3000 AUD) where the M4 is only able to upgrade to ceramics for $18K AUD.

Although it is underappreciated now and shadowed by newer competition The F series 'should' benefit from being the last of an era (RWD, non-electric, manual).

It's looking like the only class of car to be available with 3-pedals in the near future is hot hatches and porsches.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2018/05/23/bm...l-with-385-hp/

http://www.bmwblog.com/2018/04/02/vi...ototype-guise/
Appreciate 1
MPoweRo428.00
      05-29-2018, 11:05 PM   #8
squareznboxez
Registered
Rep
Drives: Nissan Skyline

This is the only M4 Pure with Comp pack 6MT on carsales atm, so they are much more affected by depreciation compared to the M2s, which i think makes it such an under-rated buy at the moment.

This is my perfect spec M4, so awesome. Would love to trade notes one day, i have a R34 GT-R and the M4 is one car i think would perfectly replace it for years to come.

Quote:

Just a note, the company I worked for had some gold partnership deal which got me free servicing for 60km and took a few thousand off the dealer delivery. You could probably negotiate all that stuff into your deal.

Last edited by squareznboxez; 05-29-2018 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 02:48 AM   #9
Vertix
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by squareznboxez View Post
This is my perfect spec M4, so awesome. Would love to trade notes one day, i have a R34 GT-R and the M4 is one car i think would perfectly replace it for years to come.

Last m4 I bought second hand, so I went to town on this one speccing it exactly the way I want, especially with the M performance parts. Can't wait to swap over to it!

Always keen on trading notes, especially if it means I can see your GT-R! Been in a few R34 GTS-T but never a GT-R!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 07:44 AM   #10
bwhouse
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yeah it's a real shame there isn't more manuals available. Sign of the times I guess, people are just not buying them these days. Can't blame them with how good the DCT is though!
Totally agree, my concern is that I went to an Audi RS3 with DCT from a manual BMW and I am just not loving the DCT. It basically lives in full auto mode. However I have heard BMW DCT is different

Quote:
This is the only M4 Pure with Comp pack 6MT on carsales atm, so they are much more affected by depreciation compared to the M2s, which i think makes it such an under-rated buy at the moment.

So I did see this ad on carsales, but it confuses me as it says M4 Pure Competition pack, yet based on the photos it looks like it is simply a M4 pure, assuming my understanding is correct and the comp pack comes with full leather interior. So I assume they just got the ad wrong.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 07:53 AM   #11
MPoweRo
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Totally agree, my concern is that I went to an Audi RS3 with DCT from a manual BMW and I am just not loving the DCT. It basically lives in full auto mode. However I have heard BMW DCT is different

Quote:

So I did see this ad on carsales, but it confuses me as it says M4 Pure Competition pack, yet based on the photos it looks like it is simply a M4 pure, assuming my understanding is correct and the comp pack comes with full leather interior. So I assume they just got the ad wrong.
Yeah that's a pure: non-adaptive lights, cloth trim, non-leather upper dash. Looks cool with the optioned dark 666m alloys. That's a lot o' car for the money.

1M Times (PSC2):
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 08:27 AM   #12
Convert
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MW F80 (6MT)

Quote:
This is the only M4 Pure with Comp pack 6MT on carsales atm

Seems like a great deal! Would've gone for it if I was in the market today.

Strange to be an ex-demo car though, do you guys think the gearbox would've taken a beating all 5000km worth of test drives?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 10:07 AM   #13
Vertix
Private
Rep

Quote:

Honestly, if you found that with the Audi DCT you'll probably find it somewhat similar with the BMW DCT.

I'm fortunate enough to have a few DCT cars at the moment, all from different brands. There is definitely differences between them, but for me, the pros and cons of a DCT are more or less the same. I don't find one DCT more engaging than the other, instead you notice different attributes such as convenience, comfort, speed etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #14
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert View Post

Strange to be an ex-demo car though, do you guys think the gearbox would've taken a beating all 5000km worth of test drives?
Hopefully not as I bought it on Saturday! It was an ex-executive car of someone at BMW Australia. Traded my M2 for it and hopefully will be picking it up this week.
F82 M4 | 6-speed manual | PP performance Stage 2 tune | Re-valved Bilstein B16s | VRSF midpipe | OEM CS front splitter | OEM GTS hood | OEM M-performance rear diffuser| Evolve tuning catless downpipes | 310rwkw (415rwhp)
Appreciate 2
      06-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #15
MPoweRo
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attuale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert View Post

Hopefully not as I bought it on Saturday! It was an ex-executive car of someone at BMW Australia. Traded my M2 for it and hopefully will be picking it up this week.
Congratulations! I love a good old car vs my new car write up too...

1M Times (PSC2):
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 10:10 PM   #16
mynameisplayer
SCHNELL
Rep
Drives: F15 50i, E46, E90, Crafter van

"ex-executive car of someone at BMW Australia"

*knowing nod to the others at the M Advance day
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 10:52 PM   #17
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPoweRo View Post
Congratulations! I love a good old car vs my new car write up too...

Thanks! Nice to see a fellow 6-speed as well. I'll make a separate thread about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisplayer
"ex-executive car of someone at BMW Australia"
*knowing nod to the others at the M Advance day
I can't ever be sure, but I only base it on the fact that none of the M days have manual cars. They're always DCT.
F82 M4 | 6-speed manual | PP performance Stage 2 tune | Re-valved Bilstein B16s | VRSF midpipe | OEM CS front splitter | OEM GTS hood | OEM M-performance rear diffuser| Evolve tuning catless downpipes | 310rwkw (415rwhp)
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 11:02 PM   #18
Vertix
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attuale View Post
I can't ever be sure, but I only base it on the fact that none of the M days have manual cars. They're always DCT.
Don't worry too much, im sure it'll be fine. Congrats on your purchase!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 11:10 PM   #19
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Don't worry too much, im sure it'll be fine. Congrats on your purchase!
Thanks! Hey it's got warranty till 2020, so I'm not overly concerned.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 11:59 PM   #20
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

No manual cars at the drive days.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 12:22 AM   #21
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
No manual cars at the drive days.

Exactly, nor Pures.

Well uninformed comment player.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 03:00 PM   #22
mynameisplayer
SCHNELL
Rep
Drives: F15 50i, E46, E90, Crafter van

Fair point the MT, and even the Pure not appearing at drive days - but the "executive driven" comes with a wink and a nudge - IMHO. Good on OP for getting into a M.
Appreciate 0