BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-27-2018, 10:25 AM   #1
Seems Legit Garage
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Need Help! Car Wont Start 2E7C Code!

Alright long story short inlets and outlets are horrible to install. After finishing the install I went to turn the car on and nothing, so I put the car on the battery chargers and its starts going crazy. Everything just flashes and you can hear contractors opening and closing super fast, its like it short circuiting. Car cant start on the charger even after the charger says its charged to 100%. So I take out the jumpers and hook it up to the jeep and right when I put the jumpers on the car acts completely normal, starts right up. When the car finally started I checked the codes and had a 2E7C code.... from what I could find online its generic and everyone thinks its the engine ground stud. So I checked and its not the ground stud, shop says the battery has 12.2v's. At this point if someone gets an idea that fixes the issue i'll venmo or paypal you $50

Also After jumping the car I drove around the block and left it running hoping it would charge the battery and when I shut the car off .000001 seconds after hitting the button the car is completely off like someone pulled the plug out of an outlet. Normally you can shut the car off and yeah hear then engine slowly stop and the lights stay on but this is like flipping a light switch and its 100% dead again.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 10:42 AM   #2
Gizmo135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seems Legit Garage View Post
Alright long story short inlets and outlets are horrible to install. After finishing the install I went to turn the car on and nothing, so I put the car on the battery chargers and its starts going crazy. Everything just flashes and you can hear contractors opening and closing super fast, its like it short circuiting. Car cant start on the charger even after the charger says its charged to 100%. So I take out the jumpers and hook it up to the jeep and right when I put the jumpers on the car acts completely normal, starts right up. When the car finally started I checked the codes and had a 2E7C code.... from what I could find online its generic and everyone thinks its the engine ground stud. So I checked and its not the ground stud, shop says the battery has 12.2v's. At this point if someone gets an idea that fixes the issue i'll venmo or paypal you $50

Also After jumping the car I drove around the block and left it running hoping it would charge the battery and when I shut the car off .000001 seconds after hitting the button the car is completely off like someone pulled the plug out of an outlet. Normally you can shut the car off and yeah hear then engine slowly stop and the lights stay on but this is like flipping a light switch and its 100% dead again.
Try unplugging the IBS cable in the trunk. It is the little Connector coming out of the negative battery terminal.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 10:42 AM   #3
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Completely disconnect the battery for at least 30min, put it on a trickle charge, and/or get it tested. Put it back in the car after confirming it's 100% OK and see what happens. Sounds to me like the car needs to relearn something.

Otherwise consider getting a new battery and doing a reset of the battery module. You can do this yourself with a carly or other coding unit, DIY here: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1384864

Or you can bring it to the dealer for them to code a new battery to the car.

When you did your inlets, was the car not being used for a while? Is it possible you left a light on or something?

Also, driving the car around the block and leaving the car running does literally NOTHING for the battery. You need to be driving for 15+ minutes at highway speeds for any noticeable changes to be made.
      05-31-2018, 11:39 AM   #4
Seems Legit Garage
Private First Class
Rep

The car will turn on but it its a BSD error and the water pump will only run when the car is in aux mode... when you turn the car on the pump shuts off and the car overheats in the matter of a few min
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 11:57 AM   #5
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Try keeping the battery out for an extended time and get it tested at a dealership. Then put it back in once you've verified that it's 100%. Or see if you can "borrow" a new one to test.
      06-01-2018, 09:48 AM   #6
Gizmo135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i n55

Quote:
The car will turn on but it its a BSD error and the water pump will only run when the car is in aux mode... when you turn the car on the pump shuts off and the car overheats in the matter of a few min
What did you do to make it start? The bsd is a data bus that links the water pump, ibs cable, oil level sensor, alternator, and DME. Any one of those items could short out and cause that issue, so you need to unplug them one at a time and see if the issue is still there (obviously not the DME) if the fault doesn’t go away with any of the other things disconnected then you probably need a water pump.

Also obviously unplugging those items will give you a different fault, but you are looking for the fault that you currently troubleshooting to go away, and the water pump to work normally.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 02:09 PM   #7
Seems Legit Garage
Private First Class
Rep

I just got a new battery even after them telling me its fine and it now starts..... I never touched the water pump so I don't know why I would be bad. I'll try unplugging each thing tonight.

The water pump cycles for like 30 seconds when I open a door, trunk or pop the hood.....
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 09:37 PM   #8
mr.fabulous
Captain
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

These cars go apeshit when the battery begins to fail. Your car is fine.
      06-02-2018, 01:44 PM   #9
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
I just got a new battery even after them telling me its fine and it now starts..... I never touched the water pump so I don't know why I would be bad. I'll try unplugging each thing tonight.

The water pump cycles for like 30 seconds when I open a door, trunk or pop the hood.....
It could also be the fuel pump trying to prime the system. The water pump is nearly silent with the hood closed...
      06-04-2018, 07:15 AM   #10
Seems Legit Garage
Private First Class
Rep

No I have the hood up and to make sure I took the cap off the coolant bottle and you can see it circulating water.... I'm mostly concerned with trying to load tunes off MHD if there is a communication error I really don't want to brick the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2022, 09:23 PM   #11
E60Slappy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 528i

Alternator
Appreciate 0