Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

04-30-2018, 01:59 PM   #1
jav1
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Coding Newb 2015 M3

Hi Guys- great forum! A bit "over my head" but I'm giving it a shot.

I'm fixing an F80 M3 with my son and bought him a Foxwell NT510 thinking it was self contained, simple enough and "seemed" like it would do everything we needed... but...no.

We recently replaced his headlights (adaptive LED) with 2 used units. The car came with Adaptive LED stock so it's set up for it, but the lights themselves were missing when we got the car, hence replaced with 2 used headlights (complete with all modules).

We've tried coding them in with the Foxwell to no avail. We can get them to light, and can move the motors on both lights, but can't seem to get them "coded to the car". In other words- we get them working during a session but after we shut the car off, they won't relight and we get a FEM error stating "ALH error- headlights not coded to vehicle".

Shawn was nice enough to guide me to the correct software tools and I've ordered a new Enet cable but I've got to say... Holy Cr@p does this seem daunting?!?? Can anyone point me to the EASIEST guide to setting up the software, cable and just coding two headlights?

TIA

John
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2018, 07:18 PM   #2
nene
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Various

Garage List
2015 BMW M4c  [9.00]
Where in MA are you located?
      05-02-2018, 07:07 AM   #3