BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-29-2018, 02:50 AM   #1
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw m2 lci

how much did you spend for 1m conversion.

hello im starting this thread because i would like to know a rough estimate amount of how much it will cost to do a 1m conversion on a regular 135i..

parts and labor rough estimate...

i can imagine that there will be a couple of people interested in this topic..

so people that did this conversion how much did you roughly send total ...

or if you know a idea how much it will cost share the price. lol

maybe we can do from the most expensive route..

and then the cheapest route.lol
      04-29-2018, 06:33 PM   #2
captain slowly
I like turtles!
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT

I'd say $50k. That's what 1M's in decent shape go for. The cheapest way by far.
Appreciate 5
      04-29-2018, 07:50 PM   #3
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain slowly View Post
And the most time efficient!
      05-03-2018, 01:14 AM   #4
asiflicious
Captain
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain slowly View Post
And the most time efficient!
And the coolest!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 03:20 AM   #5
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
To honestly answer OP's question - expect to spend $10-12 on the lower end with oem parts, bodywork and paint. Prices will vary per location and quality of work but it's a lot of work.
Appreciate 2
Yeineken1300.50
AWCR1MC11.00
      05-03-2018, 05:41 AM   #6
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
To honestly answer OP's question - expect to spend $10-12 on the lower end with oem parts, bodywork and paint. Prices will vary per location and quality of work but it's a lot of work.
Damn, for 10 bucks I can't even get a nice dinner for two.
Appreciate 4
      05-03-2018, 06:24 AM   #7
N55darksoul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 - 135i

But then you will be 1M fake wanna be....Seriously, our 135i is a symbol of value and intelligence w/performance that is seriously close to those who spent 2x the amount. In some cases better....as most standard owners cant launch very well. Just sayin...
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 10:11 AM   #8
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N55darksoul View Post
But then you will be 1M fake wanna be....Seriously, our 135i is a symbol of value and intelligence w/performance that is seriously close to those who spent 2x the amount. In some cases better....as most standard owners cant launch very well. Just sayin...
Our cars represent different things to each of us.

To me my car is a toy. Something to play with and build. It's not meant to be a statement just an exercise in imagination and fun.

People just need to have fun with their cars and see where they find enjoyment. I see people call 1m clone guys 'posers' etc because the bodywork looks the same but in reality 95% of modded e82 are exactly the same as the next guys. I'm very glad I never purchased a 1m even though I likely could have gotten 2-3 of them for the cost of my project. Has I gotten a 1m, I would have kept it stockish and it would not have been a project at all. It is the build and journey of my car which made it so meaningful to me and I can never get that experience by simply buying something off the shelf.
Appreciate 9
low1352213.00
BimmerAg425.00
Tuxedo1409.00
nachob2314.00
Yeineken1300.50
Matticus913474.50
      05-04-2018, 10:30 AM   #9
low135
Banned
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

Quote:
Quote:

To me my car is a toy. Something to play with and build. It's not meant to be a statement just an exercise in imagination and fun.

People just need to have fun with their cars and see where they find enjoyment. I see people call 1m clone guys 'posers' etc because the bodywork looks the same but in reality 95% of modded e82 are exactly the same as the next guys. I'm very glad I never purchased a 1m even though I likely could have gotten 2-3 of them for the cost of my project. Has I gotten a 1m, I would have kept it stockish and it would not have been a project at all. It is the build and journey of my car which made it so meaningful to me and I can never get that experience by simply buying something off the shelf.
Some people won't get it, and that's fine. But I'm right there with you. I took my previous car and made it my own. Different kinds of people look at their cars differently. I've never bashed anyone who prefers a more aggressive OEM aero package or bumper. I wouldn't badge a 1M look car with 1M badges but I see nothing wrong with preferring the aesthetics. Especially when it's also a widebody that provides more options for tire width
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2018, 11:21 AM   #10
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That's what I am talking bout I had a s2k before my 135i fully track car

No ac full interior gutted out

It was crazy I like to have fun with my cars

Even tho is my daily I like to make the car unique not only that but something that's going to make me turn back at it every time I park it somewhere

That's how I feel
      05-04-2018, 11:23 AM   #11
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by low135 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Some people won't get it, and that's fine. But I'm right there with you. I took my previous car and made it my own. Different kinds of people look at their cars differently. I've never bashed anyone who prefers a more aggressive OEM aero package or bumper. I wouldn't badge a 1M look car with 1M badges but I see nothing wrong with preferring the aesthetics. Especially when it's also a widebody that provides more options for tire width
I'm with you on that too

I don't know about putting a m badge on a non m car

Even if I did a full 1m clone I don't think I will put them on

m badge should be respected lol

Especially in the 1m since they are so rare
      05-04-2018, 11:28 AM   #12
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep

I wish I can just buy one period but first of all the closes one to me for sale is 120 miles out and they want 55k for it

My car is payed for so any little mod I do to the shit is basically just for fun make look more aggressive.. etc.

The wheel fitment on these cars really are a pain in the ass
      05-04-2018, 03:22 PM   #13
Tuxedo
Bowties r cool ▶:◀
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' 128i MT e88, 24'G05 X5 50e

Garage List
Quote:

If I had a really big desk with decision maker point and grunt power at BMW. I'd give you a 125,000sqft area of the new factory being built and back the money truck to your door to retain your ass with unimpeded creativity, regardless of cost/losses.
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2018, 03:27 PM   #14
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
What about just the body and tires/wheels? I would even leave the exhaust single outlet, so I think I need four fenders, front bumper and wider wheels and tires.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 05:12 PM   #15
N55darksoul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 - 135i

Quote:

Sounds like fun until its resale time...I know, I have wasted a ton on mods and cars. In the end was it worth it ? Yes and no... but I will say that some of the my fondest memories were cool spring mornings working on my car with the birds singing and the sprinklers going.... so I get what you are saying!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 05:45 PM   #16
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Sounds like fun until its resale time...I know, I have wasted a ton on mods and cars. In the end was it worth it ? Yes and no... but I will say that some of the my fondest memories were cool spring mornings working on my car with the birds singing and the sprinklers going.... so I get what you are saying!
Banking on resale on our cars is unavoidably going to result in disappointment. Embracing poor resale and just having fun can make ownership a priceless thing.
Appreciate 5
Esteban43748.00
Yeineken1300.50
Gangplank1540.50
Matticus913474.50
      05-04-2018, 05:46 PM   #17
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo View Post
Quote:

If I had a really big desk with decision maker point and grunt power at BMW. I'd give you a 125,000sqft area of the new factory being built and back the money truck to your door to retain your ass with unimpeded creativity, regardless of cost/losses.
I would make Bmw go bankrupt
Appreciate 2
Tuxedo1409.00
      05-04-2018, 08:48 PM   #18
Tuxedo
Bowties r cool ▶:◀
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' 128i MT e88, 24'G05 X5 50e

Garage List
Quote:
I would make Bmw go bankrupt
yes then your creations one day say 20+yrs from now may go thru a Barrett-Jackson or Mecum and then 50+yrs thru The Auburn Cord Duesenberg like auctions at priceless amounts.

I do have a smidgen of lust for your work even tho I have no interest in having one or more likely Mrs Tux would say NO... HELL NO! I'll stick to my child's play and root you and many other enthusiasts on from the sidelines.
Appreciate 1
Gangplank1540.50
      05-04-2018, 09:58 PM   #19
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Sounds like fun until its resale time...
If you buy cars for an investment you're really screwing up. Never spend more money on a car you couldn't just throw into a river and walk away from. If you buy something you can't afford and then modify it, well.. I'm not your dad.

Quite a few of us on here are driving our 1ers into the ground day by day. Mine won't see another owner before it sees a scrap yard due to being completely unsalvageable.
Tuxedo1409.00
low1352213.00
Yeineken1300.50
Gangplank1540.50
      05-04-2018, 10:07 PM   #20
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
If you buy cars for an investment you're really screwing up. Never spend more money on a car you couldn't just throw into a river and walk away from. If you buy something you can't afford and then modify it, well.. I'm not your dad.

Quite a few of us on here are driving our 1ers into the ground day by day. Mine won't see another owner before it sees a scrap yard due to being completely unsalvageable.
Some people buy cars as an investment but there is truly no better way to enjoy a car without driving it. In doing so, it’s going to depreciate. I’d rather enjoy what I spent my money on rather than save it for the next person. I don’t get that logic.
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2018, 10:25 PM   #21
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
Some people buy cars as an investment but there is truly no better way to enjoy a car without driving it. In doing so, it’s going to depreciate. I’d rather enjoy what I spent my money on rather than save it for the next person. I don’t get that logic.
Investment in your time driving maybe. Or comfort. But money? Gonna take a loss in all but the most extreme examples.
      05-05-2018, 09:50 AM   #22
Happy Jose
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M-Sport

Another waste of money. Even it's done perfectly, it is still a clone of the 1M. Most of these conversions are done to capture the cosmetic of the 1M but neglect the important mechanical differences.

In reality, it'll be done by some ham-handed owner the result looking like one of those horrible body kit disasters. This will add another 5 years depreciation to the car!
Appreciate 0