BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

03-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #1
Racing Instructor
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 Tuned

Adaptive lights, Seat Slide back and

the GTS ECU flash have been done to my F82. The *seat slide* back function was working fine until the GTS flash. Adaptive headlights work fine, : GTS shift is awesome , flashing bake lights work, just not the seat slide back. Does anyone know if there is a relation it is what the possible reason can be? Point me in the right direction?

Thanks guys,
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 12:52 AM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

GTS ECU flash is transmission (EGS).
Easy Entry is FDL Coding (FRM, SM)
Adaptive Headlights (FRM, KAFAS, FLE or LHM)

I am not seeing the correlation.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 02:29 PM   #3
Racing Instructor
Private
Rep

Strange

This morning it worked twice and than the seat slide back stopped working again...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 09:55 PM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Instructor View Post
This morning it worked twice and than the seat slide back stopped working again...
Do you have it coded for electronics to turn off when door opens? On same chassis, this can prevent or cause intermittent easy entry behavior.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 05:43 PM   #5
Racing Instructor
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Do you have it coded for electronics to turn off when door opens? On same chassis, this can prevent or cause intermittent easy entry behavior.
No the electronics, like radio and phone, stay on if the engine is turned off and the door has to have been opened and closed for electronics to turn off.

It has been working on and off over the last days. Today it didn't work, yesterday it worked 2 out of 3 times.

Last edited by Racing Instructor; 03-22-2018 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 08:17 PM   #6
Icyman077
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 MG/BK

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Are you manually changing the seat position at all? I believe this only moves to/from one of the two saved positions only. If it doesn’t start at a saved position it won’t move back. Once back if you change the seat position manually it doesn’t move forward to saved position.

You aren’t switching key fobs by chance are you? Under the Doors/Keys in iDrive there is the Last seat position option that I believe gets saved to the profile of each key.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 08:34 PM   #7
Racing Instructor
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icyman077 View Post
Are you manually changing the seat position at all? I believe this only moves to/from one of the two saved positions only. If it doesn’t start at a saved position it won’t move back. Once back if you change the seat position manually it doesn’t move forward to saved position.
I think you might be right here....i'll pay attention to that tomorrow. On longer trips I tend to move the seat a little back from the saved position which I saved for the track seating position.

Quote:
You aren’t switching key fobs by chance are you? Under the Doors/Keys in iDrive there is the Last seat position option that I believe gets saved to the profile of each key.
Not swapping key fobs but I will check the iDrive setting.

Thanks Icyman077, I'll report back here tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 11:23 PM   #8
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
No the electronics, like radio and phone, stay on if the engine is turned off and the door has to have been opened and closed for electronics to turn off.

It has been working on and off over the last days. Today it didn't work, yesterday it worked 2 out of 3 times.
Then, I am not sure. You could try changing distance settings. If restriction already met, then not movement will occur.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #9
Racing Instructor
Private
Rep

Quote:
I think you might be right here....i'll pay attention to that tomorrow. On longer trips I tend to move the seat a little back from the saved position which I saved for the track seating position.

Not swapping key fobs but I will check the iDrive setting.

Thanks Icyman077, I'll report back here tomorrow.
I set the seat to the memory preset, no sliding back.

"remember last setting" in iDrive setting is turned off.

Still not working today
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2018, 12:48 PM   #10
backagain
just a fool
China
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO coded M3

Quote:
I set the seat to the memory preset, no sliding back.

"remember last setting" in iDrive setting is turned off.

Still not working today
It is probably the coded moving distance exceeds the allowable travel distance from your starting position. Move the seat forward, and see whether that solves the problem. There is a dedicated code thread that discusses how to determine the appropriate coding parameters. Search it up.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #11
Racing Instructor
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by backagain View Post
It is probably the coded moving distance exceeds the allowable travel distance from your starting position. Move the seat forward, and see whether that solves the problem. There is a dedicated code thread that discusses how to determine the appropriate coding parameters. Search it up.
Thanks Backagain, we set it according the thread you mentioned. Rob couldn't get it to work and then he used the info from that thread you mentioned.

Still not working.........
Appreciate 0