Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

02-03-2018, 07:44 AM   #1
skillick
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Incoming SMB F80 CP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Following on from my post a few months back about moving to Australia, the paperwork is finally going in the right direction and we are all set to arrive in Brisbane at the start of May.

I've been making some various enquiries with dealers about a car and will likely make a decision in the next week or so whether to go with an M3 or something else.

In the likely event that the M3 is decided upon, I have a few more questions...

- Any recommendations on decent insurance companies?
- Recommendations for rear facing baby seats that fit well in the back of an M3?
- Where is the best place to get M-Performance carbon parts? I was considering buying them in the UK and sending them over in my shipping container but don't want to risk customs being funny.
- Can anyone recommend a good detailer for a ceramic coating in the Brisbane area?

I think that's all for now!

Stuart
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 03:59 PM   #2
ruley74
Lost Motorcyclist
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M F97

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillick View Post
Following on from my post a few months back about moving to Australia, the paperwork is finally going in the right direction and we are all set to arrive in Brisbane at the start of May.

I've been making some various enquiries with dealers about a car and will likely make a decision in the next week or so whether to go with an M3 or something else.

In the likely event that the M3 is decided upon, I have a few more questions...

- Any recommendations on decent insurance companies? Shannons has been good for me, good on claims and repairer. Recently coughed up for a genuine windscreen as part of std windscreen cover
- Recommendations for rear facing baby seats that fit well in the back of an M3?
- Where is the best place to get M-Performance carbon parts? I was considering buying them in the UK and sending them over in my shipping container but don't want to risk customs being funny.parts are expensive here, If price is not a factor Brisbane BMW probably does the most
- Can anyone recommend a good detailer for a ceramic coating in the Brisbane area?Car Care Products is a dedicated detailing shop in Coorparoo, they seem quite good. There is a couple of mobile guys that are good, I'd need to get actual names of a mate that got his Mustang done.

I think that's all for now!

Stuart
My thoughts in red,

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 04:23 AM   #3
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Got my previous car detailed and sealed by superfresh detailing, he was driving a m135i with a sweet exhaust
Appreciate 0