BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

12-09-2017, 12:54 AM   #1
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
LCI Taillights Upgrade and Servicing at Dealership

I have an LCI Taillights installed, coded to work and also have DRL function turned on for Taillights. After the most recent visit to the dealership for a regular maintenance visit (oil change etc) they updated the software after replacing my idrive knob. Now I keep getting error message stating "left two outer brake lamps malfunction"

Has anyone experience this or know about this issue? The error message comes and goes randomly.

Also the dealership said that they can't code it to have DRL because it's a EURO code and they don't have such. I wonder if this is true.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 03:37 PM   #2
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by endofanera7 View Post
I have an LCI Taillights installed, coded to work and also have DRL function turned on for Taillights. After the most recent visit to the dealership for a regular maintenance visit (oil change etc) they updated the software after replacing my idrive knob. Now I keep getting error message stating "left two outer brake lamps malfunction"

Has anyone experience this or know about this issue? The error message comes and goes randomly.

Also the dealership said that they can't code it to have DRL because it's a EURO code and they don't have such. I wonder if this is true.

Thanks!
Since your car did not originally come with LCI taillights, whenever the dealer updates the software in your car, the update will be based on the original configuration of your car. The errors you are getting are because the updated software in your car thinks you have non-LCI lights. You need to get your car re-coded for the LCIs.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 11:53 AM   #3
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by endofanera7 View Post

Thanks!
It's not euro coding, but a dealership will not be able to perform coding for you. You'll need to find someone (ie: independent) in your area.

If you're in SoCal anytime soon, I can code for you.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 11:43 AM   #4
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
It's not euro coding, but a dealership will not be able to perform coding for you. You'll need to find someone (ie: independent) in your area.

If you're in SoCal anytime soon, I can code for you.
Tom coded my coupe. It was nearly instant. Good guy.