BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

11-23-2017, 01:31 PM   #1
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

Door Lock Issues

Had my car for two weeks and loving every minute of it. Do have a quirk that I can’t figure out so looking for some forum help. For some reason, the car locks itself if I leave the keys in the car (ie at a gas station). As soon as the door shuts it locks right away. All other lock unlock features work fine. Tried messing around with the lock i Drive settings but no luck. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
xcusem3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

I have never heard of this problem before sorry for your luck. Could there be a short in your comfort access system, causing it to lock the car every time you get out?
      11-23-2017, 09:44 PM   #3
dkracing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmye92 View Post
Had my car for two weeks and loving every minute of it. Do have a quirk that I can’t figure out so looking for some forum help. For some reason, the car locks itself if I leave the keys in the car (ie at a gas station). As soon as the door shuts it locks right away. All other lock unlock features work fine. Tried messing around with the lock i Drive settings but no luck. Any thoughts?
I have this issue happen every once and a while.

In my case, I believe the issue occurs when I wash/wax my car then some wax sits on the grooves on the door handle where your finger goes to lock the car. This causes the car to lock immediately when it is unlocked.

Maybe this is what is occurring to you. Usually what helps me if I just rub and rub away at my door handle grooves.
Appreciate 1
Foggins1334.50
      11-23-2017, 11:51 PM   #4
codinge90
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I believe this is a coding option that was enabled on your car. Has this always happened since you purchased your car?
Appreciate 1
Foggins1334.50
      11-24-2017, 05:48 AM   #5
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkracing View Post
I have this issue happen every once and a while.

In my case, I believe the issue occurs when I wash/wax my car then some wax sits on the grooves on the door handle where your finger goes to lock the car. This causes the car to lock immediately when it is unlocked.

Maybe this is what is occurring to you. Usually what helps me if I just rub and rub away at my door handle grooves.
Thanks never would have thought of that. Will try it today!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2017, 05:49 AM   #6
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by codinge90 View Post
I believe this is a coding option that was enabled on your car. Has this always happened since you purchased your car?
I just picked it up so not sure if it is coding...but I will look into this thx.
Appreciate 0