Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

11-15-2017, 11:45 AM   #1
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1/1 PSM F80, F36, G11

Bimmertech OEM backup camera

Hey everyone,

So I recently installed the Bimmertech OEM camera on my F80, but the camera isn't working properly. The lines show when I put it into reverse, but the display doesn't change to the camera. I have to reset the system and then try it again until it works.

Has anyone installed this this and had the same issue and if so what was the resolution?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 01:21 PM   #2
cobbyy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

I have a similar issue where I put it in Reverse and camera doesn't turn on and have to reset. I have 6MT.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 01:26 PM   #3
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1/1 PSM F80, F36, G11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbyy View Post
I have a similar issue where I put it in Reverse and camera doesn't turn on and have to reset. I have 6MT.

Yeah same here not really sure what the issue could be since after a couple resets the camera ends up working until i power the car off.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 11:37 PM   #4
ericlinvio
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW F80 M3

I installed the front camera from them and have issue with my nav screen. I took my car in to the dealership and they diagnosed that it was indeed caused by the front camera and so my warranty don't cover that and they won't fix it. Bimmertech customer service is simply terrible. I would try to avoid these guys and their products.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 06:37 AM   #5
Maciej@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep
Drives: Subaru

Hi I'm Maciej the head of BimmerTech tech support.

I am personally responsible for assuring any setup or warranty issues are resolved to our customers satisfaction and customer support is the thing that we always strive to get right.

I am a bit troubled seeing this thread but I can't comment on each of your specific cases since I can't tie your forum screen names to certain cases in our support system to determine if you have made contact with me or one of our team and find out what troubleshooting steps we have taken so far and why haven't we resolved the issues already.

If you don't mind I will send a private message to each of you, find out your vehicles last 7 VIN characters and will be able to go from there over e-mail communication.

Whatever the problems are in each case I am very confident we'll be able to solve all of them. In most cases all that is missing is a bit of setup.
Appreciate 0