Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

08-11-2016, 08:47 AM   #1
Siciliano611
Major
Rep
Drives: SMB M6GC

Weird shuffle (using ipod) problem with new 16' m4

So I got my indiv 16' M4 a month ago and noticed a bug that NEVER occured on my 15' M4. I have an iPod classic connected to the car and have had a few times where I'll go into "random" mode for a playlist and it will play random but when I use the steering wheel controls to look up the next songs (and it shows on the HUD/instrument cluster), it shows the wrong song thats actually being played.

In other words the HUD/instrument cluster sometimes doesnt properly show the order of the songs and the current song playing but instead shows the list of songs as if it wasnt in random, while the nav screen shows the proper song being played and shuffle order....

This has happened probably 4-5 times at this point, its annoying...anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 10:52 PM   #2
duky
The Tanzanian
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, Audi RS6, Mini Cooper

Garage List
So I never had this issue before and then I installed iOS 10 beta and had all sorts of issues with my iPhone communicating with iDrive including what you're describing here. Another one is when the HUD shows all songs as "song~1". I just copped it up to beta issues on my end. Strange that it's happening to you normally though. Sorry not too helpful...

2023 F56 MINI Cooper SE Midnight Black II on Carbon Black
2021 C8 Audi RS6 Avant Mythos Black on Black/Grey
2016 F80 BMW M3 Black Sapphire Metallic on Silverstone
Appreciate 0