Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

06-28-2016, 11:17 PM   #1
katit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80

Going to order(lease) - not sure what sounds correct?

Ok, I understand 2016 is out. I'm going to order 2017 M3
I also understand that I'm not getting it until September-October

But when should/can I order it?
One dealer told me to hold on
Another dealer told me they will do $1.5k over invoice but as soon as pricing known (July programming I assume?)
3 local dealers gave me out of the blue quotes without any details with 2016 prices
Another dealer gave me 2017 quote but used 2016 pricing and said "Correct its 2016.....nothing change in pricing. Order will be for 2017. Order can be placed Now. And estimate delivery 2-3 month"

So, can somebody explain
1. WHEN I can order 2017 M3?
2. How can I know that dealer got allocations and it's actually ordered?
3. What is a normal process, how much deposit and what kind of progress updates I should expect?
4. If I order in July with July residuals/etc, will it change when I get car in Sep-October or prices already set in stone?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 06:12 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Order banks for 17s are open now
programing for 17s will be out next month
you can't order from a dealer unless they have a allocation
if they have a allocation you will get a production number
once your car goes into production your looking at 6-8 weeks till you get the car minimum
programing (rates etc,,) can change every month.
you can lock in programing for 60 days east coast and 90 days west coast

any other questions or concerns you have work with your sales rep they should be able to dial you in with all that info no problem also search through the forum there is a TON of great info and input

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 2
      06-29-2016, 08:22 AM   #3
katit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you!

Is St Louis west or east coast?
I guess if I go ahead and order - the only thing may change is residuals. Everything else is known already, correct?

If I lock rates can I re-lock if they get better? Can I wait and how do they historically change jul-aug-sep?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 12:13 PM   #4
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by katit View Post
Thank you!

Is St Louis west or east coast?
I guess if I go ahead and order - the only thing may change is residuals. Everything else is known already, correct?

If I lock rates can I re-lock if they get better? Can I wait and how do they historically change jul-aug-sep?
I believe it's east coast. All the pricing is known correct, you'll know the exact sale price of your vehicle and the fees. You won't know your monthly payment though, until residuals come out. Yes you can relock in any month, you just need another credit check ran. Last year for the 16s residuals were static until November or December, but from October on there was an option credit.
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2016, 01:48 PM   #5
katit
First Lieutenant
Rep

More questions. Does a dealer know if/when they get allocations? How is this typically happens? How can I tell that dealer _knows_ vs _thinks_ they getting slots?

And what is option credit?

Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 02:49 PM   #6
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
More questions. Does a dealer know if/when they get allocations? How is this typically happens? How can I tell that dealer _knows_ vs _thinks_ they getting slots?

And what is option credit?

Thanks a lot
Dealers don't know when they'll get them, the exact date, or how many. But BMW sends them to dealers the first week of every month. So July 1-8 they should trickle into dealer systems next. the only way to know they have an allocation is they can provide you a production number. Which you can then take and enter online on BMWs website to track your order. Or call the genius hot line with it to also check the status. No production number means no allocation.

An option credit is an extra discount during that month BMW is offering off your lowest agreed price. Some times you can lock them for the 60/90 days, some times you cannot and only redeem them during the month you pay for your car.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 06:32 PM   #7
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Model 3 Performance

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 10:15 PM   #8
katit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Another question for you guys. I read about deposits and allocations. I found a straight shot Invoice+$1500 deal from local dealer. But it's end of month and they don't have allocation. They can't even run pricing in system (no 2017 in a system) so they don't know exact invoice purchase price.

They said they are pretty sure they going to get 3 or so allocations in July and I will be first on a list. They want $2500 deposit.

We agreed on all of that via email. I also give them a condition where if I don't get production No by mid-July I can pull deposit. Does this sound OK?

I don't mind $2500 deposit, not sure why is $1k considered better deal? Basically, it's refundable, right? And I will use it towards first payment/MSDs anyway..

Do you see a problem doing it this way?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 07:53 AM   #9
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Another question for you guys. I read about deposits and allocations. I found a straight shot Invoice+$1500 deal from local dealer. But it's end of month and they don't have allocation. They can't even run pricing in system (no 2017 in a system) so they don't know exact invoice purchase price.

They said they are pretty sure they going to get 3 or so allocations in July and I will be first on a list. They want $2500 deposit.

We agreed on all of that via email. I also give them a condition where if I don't get production No by mid-July I can pull deposit. Does this sound OK?

I don't mind $2500 deposit, not sure why is $1k considered better deal? Basically, it's refundable, right? And I will use it towards first payment/MSDs anyway..

Do you see a problem doing it this way?
It differs state by state, but some probably can write it up as nonrefundable and it would actually be that way. Either way I wouldn't even put a deposit down until they have an allocation to give you. Just avoid the whole situation you described with having to get it refunded.
Appreciate 0