BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-26-2016, 09:50 AM   #1
MotoWPK
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 128i vert, '14 X5 40i

Auto time zone update

Previously I've never found the automatic time zone update function to work, so have become used to manually updating the time as we cross time zone boundaries.

Last week, however, as we're crossing a time zone boundary I go into settings to manually adjust the time and try clicking on the automatic time update function. A message is briefly displayed stating the time update will occur when online services is available, and then the time immediately updates. Great!

A few days later, crossing the same time zone boundary in the opposite direction, I keep an eye on the clock to see if the time will automatically update. After about 50 miles into the new time zone the time has not updated. I enter settings, un-check the auto time update function then check it again, and the message regarding online services is displayed and the time immediately updates.

So, what's going on? Why didn't the 'auto update' function update until I un-checked it and checked it again?
Appreciate 0