ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-21-2016, 04:01 PM   #1
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

The timeless beauty of the Z4C

So I am walking in my hood (mid town Toronto) and see a bunch of cool cars out today, given the warm weather

Ferrari 430 coupe, bmw 650i coupe, 991GTS

but the car that turned my head the most was a red Z4mcoupe, shod with winter wheels no less, just such a wonderful timeless shape

when I got back to my 981 Cayman S it reminded me of how, even though I love its driving dynamics, I don't feel that little something extra for the car, a feeling that I had for my Z4C...miss that feeling

hopefully one day I can have 2 cars and get myself a Z4C again...

here's a pic comparing the Z4C to its 2 successors I made back in the day, when I was choosing what to replace it with:
Attached Images

Last edited by baege; 02-21-2016 at 04:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 04:21 PM   #2
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1

It really is a hard car to replace with anything out there, especially for the price.

You have to join us this year for a cruise. Maybe we get you in another coupe again
08 M Coupe • Ceramic Black Fabspeed Headers • MCS 1WNR • Poly FCAB • Stoptech BBK • Vibra-Tech • Epic Tune • Apex EC7 • RPI Scoop • Eventuri • Stromung • Rogue X Pipe • Varis Diffuser • CF E92 GTS Wing • CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 04:31 PM   #3
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
It really is a hard car to replace with anything out there, especially for the price.

You have to join us this year for a cruise. Maybe we get you in another coupe again
definitely!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 08:03 PM   #4
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Man.. i was out test driving different cars on the weekend at the Al-awir car market.. (misses wants a bigger truck, as our JKU only has 2 isofix anchors in the back, and now coming end may we will need 3.. she wants a Sequoia..) anyways, while she was off drooling over soccer mum trucks, i took a slight detour and looked at a mint Stingray (about 3k miles on the clock) special race edition. carbon roof, bonnet and wing and some other bits and pieces that have now left my drooling memory.. man that car looked like sex on a stick. (always loved the vette, the latest incarnation is just simply beautiful, didn't mind that bird driving it in that Captain America movie either)
just loved looking at that car, and was soo trying to convince myself to buy it.. until i got inside… its tiny.. and being 6'2 , pretty much puts it out of the race for me.. I was nearly crying.. forced myself to get in it, and took it for a drive.. man, that thing drives nice, it really does.. and that V8.. totally drool worthy. maybe if i ripped out the stock seats and put in some recaro's, but yeah did love it..

baege, what made you choose the Porsche Cay over the vette?