BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

01-19-2016, 08:44 PM   #1
robbiebaguio
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Price opinion on 2011 AW E92 ZCP 60k miles 6mt

Going to do a PPI on the car tomorrow. Negotiated from 35k to 31k due to car condition and carfax history when I did an initial look on the car. 1 owner but 2 accidents. Owner claims these were valet incidents and swears the car has never been in a real accident. This will be my first BMW car and have been dreaming about getting one. Have been searching for about 2 months now for a great deal and this has been one so far. Title is on a lien but Im willing to go through the hassle since the deal is local.

Car specs:
2011 AW E92 fully loaded with ZCP 60k miles
Fox red and black leather interior
M performance exhaust
Vorsteiner diffuser
OEM splitters, grills
CF roof
6mt

Any input will be much appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 09:28 PM   #2
nleeumd
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, e46m3

I purchased a 2011.5 M3 MW/FR Carbon Roof, 6MT loaded, except Comp package, 50k miles, no accidents, clean for $33,750 in Decmeber 2015. Depending on the accident, I would say it's a fair deal for small fender benders, usually those are easier to hide from a Carfax anyway. I would run a paint meter on the hood, doors, rear quarter panels, trunk, and see if there are any deviations, the bumpers and front fenders are plastic, so I would look under the hood and pay close attention to where the fenders are bolted, see if there are any grip marks on the bolts to see if it's been adjusted. The bolts are painted, so if anyone took a wrench on them, it should be scratched.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 09:46 PM   #3
robbiebaguio
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nleeumd View Post
I purchased a 2011.5 M3 MW/FR Carbon Roof, 6MT loaded, except Comp package, 50k miles, no accidents, clean for $33,750 in Decmeber 2015. Depending on the accident, I would say it's a fair deal for small fender benders, usually those are easier to hide from a Carfax anyway. I would run a paint meter on the hood, doors, rear quarter panels, trunk, and see if there are any deviations, the bumpers and front fenders are plastic, so I would look under the hood and pay close attention to where the fenders are bolted, see if there are any grip marks on the bolts to see if it's been adjusted. The bolts are painted, so if anyone took a wrench on them, it should be scratched.
Yes I will try to bring a paint meter tomorrow to check that too. As for the car cosmetics, there are a few scratches here and there on the front and rear bumper. They could use some paint repair. Biggest turn off was when I popped the hood. Was so shocked to see a beautiful engine so dirty. He admitted he never opened the hood and never done an engine wash. I appreciate his honesty but Im worried about it too. Hopefully everything goes well for the PPI tomorrow. Im even planning to do a more thorough PPI for an extra cost.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 09:59 PM   #4
nleeumd
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, e46m3

I would making sure it will pass NY state inspection, I'm sure the PPI will handle all of that.

Assuming you would respray the front and rear bumpers to make it cosmetically acceptable to you, I would factor that into your price as well. Keep it mind, it is January, sure gas is cheap (thank goodness for this car), but not many people looking to buy sports cars in the dead of winter. A 2 accident car will be overlooked by many, so if you can find a hidden jem, all the better. Good luck, given the description, seems like a beautiful car.

Last edited by nleeumd; 01-19-2016 at 10:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 10:34 PM   #5
robbiebaguio
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nleeumd View Post
I would making sure it will pass NY state inspection, I'm sure the PPI will handle all of that.

Assuming you would respray the front and rear bumpers to make it cosmetically acceptable to you, I would factor that into your price as well. Keep it mind, it is January, sure gas is cheap (thank goodness for this car), but not many people looking to buy sports cars in the dead of winter. A 2 accident car will be overlooked by many, so if you can find a hidden jem, all the better. Good luck, given the description, seems like a beautiful car.
Yes I already told the seller that it would run me over 1k easily to have cosmetics done, which includes detailing as the car is annoyingly dirty inside out. As for why Im getting it at the dead of winter, I find that this is the time where sports car can be at their lowest price. I have another daily driver so this M3 will only be a weekend car and some occasional days where I feel the urge to use it aside from my sportsbike.
Appreciate 0