ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

12-25-2015, 04:34 PM   #1
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Coding Cruise control,

Folks,

I've coded my F80 (changed VO's, modified CAFD's) based on all publicly listed feature settings discussed in this forum, as well as here:
http://*****************/guides

I've subsequently de-coded some as well, upon reflection (removed Easy Entry Seat, removed cell phone ringer as primary, added back requirement to hold brake pedal before starting engine (helpful safety with curious kids)).

But there are a few settings that either remain un-discovered, or may very well be not-codeable at all. Before I accept the latter, I wanted to ask this forum on whether anyone have had any luck modifying the default behavior of the following settings:

1). Cruise control auto turned-ON at ignition ON cycle by default (it's getting boring to keep pressing it on every time manually)
2). M1/M2 settings turned ON at ignition ON cycle by default.
3). The sensitivity and time the PDC / review camera are turned on after you start driving forward. I always back out of the garage first, and would love to get into Nav entry mode sooner than 20+ seconds down the road.
4). TPMS sensor warning sensitivity thresholds - I don't mind my tire temps dropping down to 30 psi on occasion..
5). ???

Has anyone been able to code any of the above?
Or has a lead on Module might be controlling them?

There are probably other settings that bug me that I'm forgetting about right now.
If others have a feature they wished the could be coded that has not yet been documented, please add to the list as well.

Thanks in advance,
a
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 10:07 AM   #2
dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
But there are a few settings that either remain un-discovered, or may very well be not-codeable at all. Before I accept the latter, I wanted to ask this forum on whether anyone have had any luck modifying the default behavior of the following settings:

1). Cruise control auto turned-ON at ignition ON cycle by default (it's getting boring to keep pressing it on every time manually)
2). M1/M2 settings turned ON at ignition ON cycle by default.
3). The sensitivity and time the PDC / review camera are turned on after you start driving forward. I always back out of the garage first, and would love to get into Nav entry mode sooner than 20+ seconds down the road.
4). TPMS sensor warning sensitivity thresholds - I don't mind my tire temps dropping down to 30 psi on occasion..
I do not think there is any chance for 1) and 2).

For 3), the deactivation of the rearview camera once you start driving forward is determined by speed and distance threshold (not time). The relevant parameters are V_SCHWELLE_2 and D_SCHWELLE_2 for the rearview camera and V_SCHWELLE_1 and D_SCHWELLE_1 for the topview camera. These are in Halsifer's cheat sheet.