BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

11-18-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
atruelunatic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: n/a

Need help! Tips on reinstalling ICV?

Sorry that this thread is in this subforum, but figured this would have the most eyes right now.

I'm doing a DIY remove and replace starter motor and I'm having trouble reinstalling the idle control valve. I have the grey T hose connected to the ICV, but can't get the two outer portions of the T connected to the black cylinders.

Any ideas on how to reinstall this?

I attached a picture. I can get the right side of the T (facing the car), but can't get the left side to fit if the right side is connected.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by atruelunatic; 11-18-2015 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
stevelp99
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

You might have to loosen and or remove the idle air strips and connect the T pipe first then re-seat the strips with the T pipe attached.. Mind me asking how you got that T pipe out, as when I was messing around my my car last week, that pipe looked and felt rather stiff.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 07:56 PM   #3
atruelunatic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelp99 View Post
You might have to loosen and or remove the idle air strips and connect the T pipe first then re-seat the strips with the T pipe attached.. Mind me asking how you got that T pipe out, as when I was messing around my my car last week, that pipe looked and felt rather stiff.

DELETE! I MANAGE TO RECONNECT IT AFTER A TOTAL OF AN HOUR ON THIS ONE STEP. -_-

I cut the two one time use pipe clamps. Then I just kept pushing and pulling around until I got the left side. I then was able to push the right side out.

Installing: I did the left side first and bent the T connector as much as possible to get the right side to somewhat cover the black cylinder. I then pulled toward the front of the car and was able to get both sides seated basically at the same time.