BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-17-2015, 03:29 PM   #1
135TX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 135i

WTB: TC Kline Coilovers

Hey guys, as title states I'm looking to pick up a set of TC kline Coilovers in great condition. Spring Rates F/R: 300#+/ 550+

I would consider JRZ, AST, or maybe Ohlins, but prefer Klines

Hit me up with what you got, cash in hand

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 03:52 PM   #2
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135TX View Post
Hey guys, as title states I'm looking to pick up a set of TC kline Coilovers in great condition. Spring Rates F/R: 300#+/ 550+

I would consider JRZ, AST, or maybe Ohlins, but prefer Klines

Hit me up with what you got, cash in hand

Thanks
Awfully light spring rate. This for DD?

Good luck, probably won't find much luck. Keep in mind warranty on TC Units don't transfer over with the buyer. Also, high performance units like these will require rebuilds after certain amount of time. Don't be that guy that buys units and has to send them off to get rebuilt after they don't function as advertised.

Feel free to ask my any questions though. I run TC DAs an highly support them
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 04:33 PM   #3
135TX
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post

Good luck, probably won't find much luck. Keep in mind warranty on TC Units don't transfer over with the buyer. Also, high performance units like these will require rebuilds after certain amount of time. Don't be that guy that buys units and has to send them off to get rebuilt after they don't function as advertised.

Thanks for the input and the advice, i may follow up with some questions.

Yeah the lighter spring rates specifically capture the OHLINS crowd i think they are like 340/400 which is why it wont be my first choice but obviously would be a significant improvement over stock msport suspension.

I ideally am looking for 400/600 and yes this is my daily driver it sees dual duty, but only HPDEs up to this point, no autoX or anything serious. Im doing probably 10-15 days at the track in a year.

I really would love to pull the trigger on the TCK DA, but man $2900 is a swift kick in the pants for me. LOL

That's why im hoping to find someone who is going back to stock or changed their set up and are willing to give a good deal to a forum member

Otherwise do they ever go on sale? My other option was to go with TCK SA but thats still cutting a little deep for my budget at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 09:06 PM   #4
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Check the 3 series forum? See them on there once in a while, but not too often. Think its the same kit for 1 and 3 series.....
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 10:03 AM   #5
135TX
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
Check the 3 series forum? See them on there once in a while, but not too often. Think its the same kit for 1 and 3 series.....
yeah I threw someone a PM here but no response yet. I'll keep my eyes on the 3 series forum as well. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 07:36 AM   #6
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post

Thanks for the input and the advice, i may follow up with some questions.

Yeah the lighter spring rates specifically capture the OHLINS crowd i think they are like 340/400 which is why it wont be my first choice but obviously would be a significant improvement over stock msport suspension.

I ideally am looking for 400/600 and yes this is my daily driver it sees dual duty, but only HPDEs up to this point, no autoX or anything serious. Im doing probably 10-15 days at the track in a year.

I really would love to pull the trigger on the TCK DA, but man $2900 is a swift kick in the pants for me. LOL

That's why im hoping to find someone who is going back to stock or changed their set up and are willing to give a good deal to a forum member

Otherwise do they ever go on sale? My other option was to go with TCK SA but thats still cutting a little deep for my budget at the moment.
#400/600 might be a bit off. I run #400/700 and the motion ratios are such that I probably have a bit more front spring than necessary. I'd stick to #350 if you were going to do #600 rear.

I'm always at the point of buy once, cry once. It is a steep investment but it is very worth it. IMO if you're set on DAs don't settle for SAs, the compression adjustment is well worth the money.

Feel free to shoot me any questions. I'll try my best to answer

Out of my time here I've only saw one TCK DA kit on here that had heavy miles on it
Appreciate 0