Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Minimum music volume is too loud

Hello all,

I imported music into the idrive and I notice that the starting volume right after the mute is too loud. Within 5 clicks of volume up (about 10% of entire volume bar), it's already too loud and can't talk to the passenger. Is there anyway to reset the volume curve so I can enjoy the quiet music? It's always mute or too loud :[
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 07:42 PM   #2
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
Hello all,

I imported music into the idrive and I notice that the starting volume right after the mute is too loud. Within 5 clicks of volume up (about 10% of entire volume bar), it's already too loud and can't talk to the passenger. Is there anyway to reset the volume curve so I can enjoy the quiet music? It's always mute or too loud :[
LOL - just wait until you are my age and you will be crankin it up even more
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 08:04 PM   #3
42pilot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
Hello all,

No shit - I thought this was a problem unique to mine. It's only with the Sat Radio. My iPod and phone music is not as bad, but still too loud in my opinion for min on the volume control.

Interested in the replies here.
      01-16-2015, 08:08 PM   #4
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

I don't know where it is exactly, but there is A LOT of coding related to volume in HU_NBT. Just search "VOL" in HU_NBT if you have already used esys to code your car. I don't know about volume levels at all, though, sorry.

However, here is a useful code I found:

HU_NBT / VOL_MAX_ON / standard; Werte=64 (default is 19 - meaning 25%)

"It will use last volume setting, only when last volume setting was lower than what VOL_MAX_ON specifies. If the last volume setting was higher, it will revert to what VOL_MAX_ON says.

By setting VOL_MAX_ON to 64 (meaning 100%), you always use last volume setting."