BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

08-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
captbilly
Rep
Drives: A6 turbo, TR-8, 740il,

Idrive issue

I have had this problem since I bought the car new in 2012, so it is either a firmware issue common to all M3 (maybe all 3 series) or there has been a fault on my M3 since new.

What is happening is this: I always shut off my car with the I-Drive screen in the map mode but when I subsequently start the car about 50+% of the time the Idrive screen boots up to the Main Menu with Navigation selected but does not go to the Map screen. The other times the IDrive boots directly to the Map (as I left it when I shut down). Is there something I can do to insure that the IDrive will always boot to the Nav screen rather than randomly booting sometimes to main menu and sometimes to the Map?

Is this issue common to all 3 series or peculiar to my car?

I am getting concerned because there is only about 6 months left on my factory warranty (though I do have another 4 years on the BMW extended warranty). The first few times I brought this issue to the attention of the BMW service dept (I only bring my car in for regular service, not specifically for this issue) they said they could not reproduce the issue. The last lime i brought it in they were able to reproduce the issue but after changing out a controller they claimed they had fixed it. But since getting the car back several weeks ago, the car does exactly the same thing as before (randomly boots either to Map or Main screen. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

See my response on the other forum...
Appreciate 0