BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

08-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #1
renaissance
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Carbon Deposit

I have searched the forum that people say "Carbon Deposit" is not an issue to Port Fuel Injection engine; however, I still want to share what I found from Internet to the other M3 owners.

In Taiwan, I found a Gasoline Additive called "Keropur" using by Benz car owners. Many people say it can help to clean "Carbon Deposit". In fact, "Keropur" is a product from BASF. You can see that they use an Intake Valve picture from Port Fuel Injection engine as an example in their product page. According to what I found, Benz, BMW (Part No 83192165917), and Porsche all use the same product. However, it looks like that "Keropur" is only available in Asia. Maybe due to the fuel quality is not so good

Keropur
http://www.performancechemicals.basf...eropur/effects
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
m3ray
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

Fuel cleaners are all in the same chemical family. This additive happens to use benzene, most off the shelf fuel cleaners in the US use tolulene. The principal is the same..using a light aromatic petroleum compound to lift deposits.

I would take their claims of corrosion inhibition and such with a grain of salt. There is a lot of marketing hype with these additives.

Either way couldn't hurt to use once in a while.
Appreciate 0