BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
Quicksilv3r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i M-Sport

Question A/C or Blower Intermittent Failure

First time this has happened. Driving down the road in 90-degree heat w/ the A/C at full tilt and suddenly the blower stops functioning (dash HVAC readout still showing max fan speed). I immediately cycled the unit off then back on and it started working as normal for another 100 yards or so until just before making it to the parking lot where I was headed and it quit again. Shut the car down, had lunch and fired the car back up 20min later and all was fine for the ~5mi trip back to the office.

I tried several search keywords but came up short on results. What could be happening here? I'm guessing I should expect it to quit again at some point. A car w/o A/C in Georgia is as useless as tits on a bull. This must be rectified

*Note: I had the A/C system drained and re-charged @ the dealer about a week after purchasing the car. I don't believe it's the evap. since the unit still cools fine, but could be wrong.

Last edited by Quicksilv3r; 08-06-2014 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 01:14 AM   #2
KrazyM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW M3

I would take a look at your blower motor connections and make sure they are not burnt.
Appreciate 0