New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #23
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Not sure if I buy that. All cars sold in NA have to meet crash test safety standards. I dont imagine super cars are crash tested at 'autobahn' speeds in North America.

A few years back the 350z was the the most unsafe car in NA with twice the death rate then other sports cars likely because the majority were driven by inexperienced kids.
It is a running index, it has cases of the new LP 560's randomly blowing up. Read it more.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #24
Robert
Major General
Rep

Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Great comment...completely uncalled for.

Interesting how some can post a jackass comment and its all fine so long as it's followed by a smiley face.

Lets try..Robert's a moron...hey it works!
Sure, people are entitled to their opinion and I respect yours. All I am trying to say you need some thick skin to be on the internet. And despite how despicable and inappropriate comments are, people are entitled to their opinion and protected by free speech. There are certain etiquette society follows and deemed as appropriate behavior which I am fine with and mostly in agreement with as well.

What I don't agree is self righteous people who want to force their morality and lifestyle down on other people. Think religion and totalitarian states. (i.e. you don't wear head scarf we will stone you to death.) Guess more I am tolerant to moron, jackass, than people who want to shove their belief down your throat. Does being in the majority makes you right? Nazi party was the controlling party in Germany during WW2, perhaps we should forgive people who simply followed orders.

Last edited by Robert; 07-01-2010 at 04:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #25
eeeboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 08M3 Space Gray DCT

wah...
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #26
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Sure, people are entitled to their opinion and I respect yours. All I am trying to say you need some thick skin to be on the internet. And despite how despicable and inappropriate comments are, people are entitled to their opinion and protected by free speech. There are certain etiquette society follows and deemed as appropriate behavior which I am fine with and mostly in agreement with as well.

What I don't agree is self righteous people who want to force their morality and lifestyle down on other people. Think religion and totalitarian states. (i.e. you don't wear head scarf we will stone you to death.) Guess more I am tolerant to moron, jackass, than people who want to shove their belief down your throat. Does being in the majority makes you right? Nazi party was the controlling party in Germany during WW2, perhaps we should forgive people who simply followed orders.
WTF are you talking about?

How is randomly speculating about an accident that there are no details about and disrespecting an acknowledged car legend seem similar to "people who want to force their morality and lifestyle down on other people" or the "Nazi party"???

The reality is that there are many people on the internet that post whatever they feel like due to a lack of morals and courage. Lots of internet tough guys playing the roll behind their computer monitors....knowing that in the real world they'd be too chicken shit to open their mouths as they'd get bitch slapped like they know they deserve.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 05:38 PM   #27
Robert
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post

How is randomly speculating about an accident that there are no details about and disrespecting an acknowledged car legend seem similar to "people who want to force their morality and lifestyle down on other people" or the "Nazi party"???

The reality is that there are many people on the internet that post whatever they feel like due to a lack of morals and courage. Lots of internet tough guys playing the roll behind their computer monitors....knowing that in the real world they'd be too chicken shit to open their mouths as they'd get bitch slapped like they know they deserve.

Because it is a slippery slope. How else do you explain the behavior of people who engage in those atrocities. Are they really that different than rest of us. I used an extreme example to demonstrate a point not trying to making an association of good people who are standing up for Hiromu to people of Nazi party.

Is my point that far fetched? Your statement of the real world implies now it's okay to apply physical violence to people who make idiotic statements? That is just a few steps closer to stoning someone.

Thank the world I live in when I hit someone, cops will book me and charge me with assault and punished through due process. Followed shortly by civil suit from the guy who was assaulted.

Alright enough of this serious talk back to regular programming.

Last edited by Robert; 07-01-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #28
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '21 X3MC

Honoring Engineers and Test Drivers

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #29
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Because it is a slippery slope. How else do you explain the behavior of people who engage in those atrocities. Are they really that different than rest of us. I used an extreme example to demonstrate a point not trying to making an association of good people who are standing up for Hiromu to people of Nazi party.

Is my point that far fetched? Your statement of the real world implies now it's okay to apply physical violence to people who make idiotic statements? That is just a few steps closer to stoning someone.

Thank the world I live in when I hit someone, cops will book me and charge me with assault and punished through due process. Followed shortly by civil suit from the guy who was assaulted.

Alright enough of this serious talk back to regular programming.

His statement is not condoning violence. He is stating it is a likely consequence.
      07-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #30
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:

You are on a private forum. You're not protected by the 1st amendment.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 05:16 AM   #31
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: VO 1M

Quote:

All you had to do was recognize your comment was uncalled for and move on. No need to go into some bs about freedom of speech.

Have a little decorum.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #32
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
It seems like that argument has been coming up a lot lately. I don't understand why people try to use the 1st Amendment as protection for being douche bags in this private forum, especially when the rules are clearly stated.

That being said, I don't know why anyone would rush to the defense of a guy who is being a complete ass.... It's ok for that person to spout nonsense, but it's not ok for him to be called out on it? That just doesn't make any sense. No need to cater to the bad apples in here.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #33
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
Germany
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post

Can you post this very same statement on clublexus to which you belong? I rest my case..
      07-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #34
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

I think the reason that supercars are generally less safe than other cars is a question of simple physics. Supercars tend to be low to the ground and very light. The LFA in this incident was probably several hundred pounds lighter than the 3-series and therefore probably took a much greater impact force.

You can even try this at home kids! Ram two Hotwheels cars together (one being considerably heavier than the other) and see what happens!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 09:41 PM   #35
Robert
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
His statement is not condoning violence. He is stating it is a likely consequence.
And that doesn't bug you its a likely consequence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I am also not arguing with the moderator on this, am I? They ultimately make the decision which is their right. I have been on this forum for quite awhile and certainly do not want to see it go to the shitters. Having a diverse crowd and engaged discussion will only increase the readership for owners of the site and increases the impression and click-through for their advertisers.

Quote:
All you had to do was recognize your comment was uncalled for and move on. No need to go into some bs about freedom of speech.

Have a little decorum.
I don't think it was uncalled for or out of the line. Also not trying to make something out of nothing, it's what I believe in and passionated about. I am going to go ahead and have my moronic decorum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
That being said, I don't know why anyone would rush to the defense of a guy who is being a complete ass.... It's ok for that person to spout nonsense, but it's not ok for him to be called out on it? That just doesn't make any sense. No need to cater to the bad apples in here.
Certainly not trying to defend the guy. I found it ridiculous a thread was made to criticize another thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 06:16 AM   #36
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: VO 1M

Quote:

I don't think it was uncalled for or out of the line. Also not trying to make something out of nothing, it's what I believe in and passionated about. I am going to go ahead and have my moronic decorum.
Quote:
Oh I forgot just a Canadian.
You really think that the above comment was ok? Wow...speaks allot about you if you are 'passionate' about acting like an ass. Just do us all a solid and do it somewhere else.

Last edited by MrRoboto; 07-03-2010 at 06:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #37
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Jesus... I was away for 4 days and now I see this. lol.

@Robert: Whats with the tough skin on the Internet? Internet allows some stupid little jackass with no balls in real life to come on a forum and say things that they would never have balls to in real life, but since they are behind a screen, they don't care.

You do not need tough skin. Just fricking respect other people.... I am pretty douche bags on the Internet are as douche in real life.

Oh and your Canadian comment was totally random. It look likes you have been a lot of times to Canada, asshole.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #38
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: ///M235i

I didn't read the other thread(s) because I didn't wanna hear about the details. All I know is that I felt bad for the driver that died. That kinda led me into my next thought which was "hmmm does that mean BMW is safer than Lexus?". However, when I read that the Lexus was a prototype with no airbags, etc. I disregarded my 2nd thought and went back to feeling remorse for the test driver that died.

No matter how you look at it you should still feel bad that someone died. Sucks that shit like this happens every day. This is why I don't like watching the news anymore- it's depressing.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #39
rob612
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: e92 - m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
http://www.lambounfall.de/lamborghin...ago_crash.html

This site is a general index of Lamborghini safety problems. Should give you an idea.

omg.. this is so sad and scary. no more lambo for me
Appreciate 0