New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Today, 03:22 AM   #573
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

To me Lando is a fun guy and has a great personality but when the lids drop he does need to take on some 'MAX factor' himself. Depending on how the 1 and 4 cars match each other from today I can't help thinking that Brown/Stella wishes that it was Oscar in the no. 4 car with the same points.
Appreciate 2
      Today, 04:32 AM   #574
fs1977
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: G21 M340i

Garage List
2020 G21 M340i  [10.00]
So, McLaren is going to use their right of review. What do you guys think, any chance of succes?

https://racingnews365.com/the-high-b...review-protest
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:10 AM   #575
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
To me Lando is a fun guy and has a great personality but when the lids drop he does need to take on some 'MAX factor' himself. Depending on how the 1 and 4 cars match each other from today I can't help thinking that Brown/Stella wishes that it was Oscar in the no. 4 car with the same points.
Brown is a piece of 5H*T (!)

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick67737.00
      Today, 06:01 AM   #576
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Brown is a piece of 5H*T (!)
Piastri is now linked to a 3 plus way fight to move to RBR so no wonder Brown is fuming
OP is denying it but it's known that manager Webber is pushing for discussions with Marko about his future.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:00 AM   #577
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Piastri is now linked to a 3 plus way fight to move to RBR so no wonder Brown is fuming
OP is denying it but it's known that manager Webber is pushing for discussions with Marko about his future.
I actually love the psychological games RBR is playing with McLaren because it not only exposes McLaren’s insecurities but also throws them off their game. It’s fun to watch since Brown is such a toxic individual and given he tried to stir things up it’s only right that they do it back twice as hard. Mclaren has also treated Pia terribly and given how they've treated other drivers as well, it would be no surprise Pia would wants to leave.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; Today at 08:48 AM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick67737.00
      Today, 08:50 AM   #578
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fs1977 View Post
So, McLaren is going to use their right of review. What do you guys think, any chance of succes?

The stewards already reviewed the footage and the telemetry data during the race. I think given the decision was made rather quickly it's pretty clear cut so I doubt this will go anywhere. Honestly, they should have 24 hours to lodge a review, not 5 days later.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick67737.00
      Today, 10:32 AM   #579
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E88 135i 6MT

I don't think the outcome will change at all, but I think it's worth the review to get clarification on the rules and the stewards' interpretation of them. It could help shape future rules that prevent sloppy driving like divebombing and running off track. It's something I'd expect of a rookie, not a world champion. They've made rules because of Max's exploitation in the past, so this wouldn't be the first time.

Obviously this strategy doesn't work at street tracks... and Max openly hates street tracks. No coincidence.

Last edited by dfox; Today at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:47 AM   #580
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
I don't think the outcome will change at all, but I think it's worth the review to get clarification on the rules and the stewards' interpretation of them. It could help shape future rules that prevent sloppy driving like divebombing and running off track. It's something I'd expect of a rookie, not a world champion. They've made rules because of Max's exploitation in the past, so this wouldn't be the first time.

Obviously this strategy doesn't work at street tracks... and Max openly hates street tracks. No coincidence.
To be fair, street tracks are pretty awful. That being said, Max has still owned most everyone in street tracks.

Regarding the protest, here is how I would look at it. Max gets 5 seconds, but Nor's penalty goes from 5 seconds to 10 seconds and they also count it as another track limits violation (this is his 4th as I recall) adding another 5 seconds pushing him back to 5th place. That would be quite just for the way they act as a team.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; Today at 12:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick67737.00
      Today, 12:20 PM   #581
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M550i; retired - M340i

Quote:

apparently FIA needs to be convinced there is "new evidence" before they will review

they will see this "new evidence" at 1430 Mexico time
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:28 PM   #582
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
apparently FIA needs to be convinced there is "new evidence" before they will review

they will see this "new evidence" at 1430 Mexico time
It would be great if my scenario above becomes reality and Nor actually ends up receiving more penalty seconds due to the review and losing another place. That should be on the table and a possible consequence of asking for a review.
Not sure what new evidence they have except for maybe Brown plans to plead and beg that his owns driver doesnt know how to race and prefers HPDE point-bys.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick67737.00
      Today, 12:37 PM   #583
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I don’t know how you prove or disprove he could’ve made the corner.
The stewards can see all the data, speed, where you hit the brakes, how hard you hit the brakes, at what angle you turn in, the moment you turn in and so on. They can compare all that with previous laps and make a well reasoned decision.

But ultimately it's really simple, the rule states when you're ahead at the apex, the corner is yours. It's the same for every driver, can't blame Verstappen to be the one taking advantage of that.
FIA rules: how to apply, stretch and bend them. Alike Lewis, Max is a GOAT.

Today, 12:49 PM   #584
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
To be fair, street tracks are pretty awful. That being said, Max has still owned most everyone in street tracks.

Regarding the protest, here is how I would look at it. Max gets 5 seconds, but Nor's penalty goes from 5 seconds to 10 seconds and they also count it as another track limits violation (this is his 4th as I recall) adding another 5 seconds pushing him back to 5th place. That would be quite just for the way they act as a team.
Why on earth would they count that as a track limits violation? He was avoiding an accident from a wild driver who couldn't control his car when divebombing to overtake. Clearly forced off track, there is no way to view that any differently.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:07 PM   #585
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Why on earth would they count that as a track limits violation? He was avoiding an accident from a wild driver who couldn't control his car when divebombing to overtake. Clearly forced off track, there is no way to view that any differently.
It does look like Lando was cruelly taken there but those apex rules rule. He has said that the gloves will 'come off' now and its goodbye to the nice guy when the lids drop.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:12 PM   #586
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Well, I am adjudicating that based on the original stewards report, which said they did not include his passing off track (off track being the root to why he violated the rules) as a track limits violation. Technically it was a track limit violation which would have then provided another well deserved 5 second penalty since he was already at 3 at that point whereas Max also went off track but he did not exceed the limits previously. As a smart driver, you can use those to your advantage...Max being a smart racer, again, proved he is playing 3D chess while Nor is trying to figure out how many colors are associated with checkers.
If you go back, Ham has cut and gained advantage on so many corners and gray area rules which the FIA for 8 years largely overlooked - including 28 track limits violations in Bahrain 2021 which if regulated properly would have pushed his minor .9 second win over Max to maybe 5th. Only difference is that many of his were cut and dry penalties that the FIA just turned a very blind eye too. Helen Keller could have seen them...

Last edited by HeelToeShift; Today at 01:35 PM..
Appreciate 0