New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

07-05-2023, 02:48 PM   #1
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep

Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Bug Barricade - a review

I bought this stuff from Griots, both to make it easier to clean my car after a track weekend, and to make it easier to clean the wife's X5 after her trip to the beach. You spray it on, wipe (to spread, not to remove) and reapply if desired. I put on two "coats". It looks like crap, but it is super easy to remove, just comes off with a wash, along with the bugs and marble marks. It will also come off in a strong rain storm.

Except.

As I discovered, there's something about the plastic on the grill of my car, and it stayed on there. No soap & water would remove it. I had to use some "paint cleanser" and about 10 minutes of scrubbing to remove it. I confess, for a few minutes, I was concerned that I had ruined the plastic.

I had no such issue on the X5.

Before and after pictures shown. Overall it's a good product, I recommend it, but use it with caution and be prepared to put some effort into removing it from certain plastic surfaces.

Next time, I'll make a point to not spray the grill.

LOL and apologies for the mis-aligned photos. I usually take pictures with a real camera; this time I used the phone.
Attached Images

Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0