New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

06-12-2023, 03:38 PM   #1
docjavier
Captain
Spain
Rep

Drives: G80 M3 F10 535i

Question about German Nano Ceramic Protect air-gun spray ceramic coat.

When I thought, I was set to drop the car off at the PPF installer for a full Stek Hydro Shield job, I ran into a different Detailer shop next to the PPF installer in Marbella, Spain (that also install PPF). He suggested having a Nano Ceramic Protec product instead of the PPF for a better hydrophobic and shinier surface, with a superior paint protection. (8 coats application) 5-year warranty.

I saw 2 Porsches and 1 BMW that had the Nano Ceramic Protect product applied and they looked superb. A Ferrari was on the batter box next. The BMW had the product applied 5 years ago and still look like new paint.

Price is slightly cheaper than full PPF (Spanish prices not US). My full PPF job is about $5k with Stek Hydro Shield. The Nano Ceramic Protect includes full outside including all carbon pieces and full interior leather and wheels. The final topcoats are applied with a special air gun.

I can't find much on the search here or online other marketing videos.

I found some but in Europe and Asian sites. Any info is appreciated. Thanks
      06-12-2023, 03:47 PM   #2
Jrock645
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: BMW X3

Not familiar with it but no ceramic coating will protect paint better than ppf. Ppf is an actual physical barrier, while a ceramic coating isnt.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18225.00
      06-12-2023, 05:00 PM   #3
aa2033
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2018 BMW M3

We have something similar in the US called icon rocklear. If you Google it I'm sure you'll find it to be similar to what you were told about.

It's bs in my opinion. It won't protect better than ppf. From my research its just a ceramic coating applied a different way with more layers.

That's just my opinion. I wouldn't choose it over ppf.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 05:34 AM   #4
docjavier
Captain
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa2033 View Post
We have something similar in the US called icon rocklear. If you Google it I'm sure you'll find it to be similar to what you were told about.

It's bs in my opinion. It won't protect better than ppf. From my research its just a ceramic coating applied a different way with more layers.

That's just my opinion. I wouldn't choose it over ppf.
I guess I will be the guinea pig or whatever, and see how it does. I looked at the product you mentioned and it is similar, but not the same.
I know it is not PPF, but I have seen the cars with this product applied (Ferrari and Porsches the 3 times I visit the shop) and I will have this done first, if I need to applied front PPF in the future, I will do it then. I see it as reverse order Ceramic then PPF. I don't track my often.
My car is at the shop now and it takes 3 weeks before it is done.
I will report back when I get it back. Wish me luck.
      06-21-2023, 04:17 PM   #5
Track/S
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: M2C, M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjavier View Post
When I thought, I was set to drop the car off at the PPF installer for a full Stek Hydro Shield job, I ran into a different Detailer shop next to the PPF installer in Marbella, Spain (that also install PPF). He suggested having a Nano Ceramic Protec product instead of the PPF for a better hydrophobic and shinier surface, with a superior paint protection. (8 coats application) 5-year warranty.

I saw 2 Porsches and 1 BMW that had the Nano Ceramic Protect product applied and they looked superb. A Ferrari was on the batter box next. The BMW had the product applied 5 years ago and still look like new paint.

Price is slightly cheaper than full PPF (Spanish prices not US). My full PPF job is about $5k with Stek Hydro Shield. The Nano Ceramic Protect includes full outside including all carbon pieces and full interior leather and wheels. The final topcoats are applied with a special air gun.

I can't find much on the search here or online other marketing videos.

I found some but in Europe and Asian sites. Any info is appreciated. Thanks
Comparar el PPF con un coating ceramico es como comparar a Dios con un gitano.
No hay ninguna diferencia entre aplicar el coating con pistolita que con una esponja, todo es marketing puro y duro.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2023, 01:33 AM   #6
docjavier
Captain
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track/S View Post
Comparar el PPF con un coating ceramico es como comparar a Dios con un gitano.
No hay ninguna diferencia entre aplicar el coating con pistolita que con una esponja, todo es marketing puro y duro.
No comparo el PPF con la aplicación de cerámica, decidí ir con cerámica 9H en vez del PPF, solo por el uso que le dio a mi coche y prefería tener las características hidrofóbicas y brillantes que ofrece el tratamiento de cerámica.**
      07-01-2023, 08:27 AM   #7
docjavier
Captain
Spain
Rep

Just picked her up. Awesome.
Attached Images