New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-04-2018, 11:50 AM   #23
No one
Major
Rep

Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
They tag you for distribution because that's the only way to capture your IP.
Strictly speaking no it's not: this is the purpose of those anonymizing proxies. Client's IP is known every time so when you VPN make sure the end-point isn't in Canada for you set it up. I guess they just can't pursue you for downloading or distribution is obviously a more severe crime.

Thanks for heads-up: I missed that somehow. And I don't have an E-mail at my ISP for many years already.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 11:59 AM   #24
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
You don't have an e-mail with your ISP, but they have your name and address... lol
Exactly: I've just logged in to correct myself!

Quote:
I believe distribution is more severe, but again, is there a way to Torrent without distributing? That's my point. You're downloading and uploading all the time.
That's the torrents' idea: you are distributing what you've already got (the pieces) even while downloading.
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2018, 12:05 PM   #25
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

I still download torrents, without a VPN. Not worried. It's not like I'm using the Silk Road, if that were even still possible. I download a torrent, as soon as it is finished downloading I stop seeding from my end. No email. In the event that I forget to stop seeding after the download is complete, I get an email from my internet provider saying "stop that." Those emails go in the trash. On occasion I get a virus, my virus protection picks up on it instantly and quarantines. In the past 12 years, I have received countless emails from my internet provider asking me to stop, not one of them has been followed with "or else." I do not expect a visit from the internet police anytime in the near future.

From my experience, it seems that downloading is not an issue, the sharing/seeding after is where they try and get you. Whatever bit-torrent client you use, should have a nifty little "stop" button on it, prevents the seeding which makes you a bad person for taking but not giving back to the community. I suppose being a data thief makes you a bad person in some people's eyes anyway.

I would also like to mention that I have unprotected sex with prostitutes and that I run with scissors.
Appreciate 2
      10-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #26
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
Are you sure that email was legit? I received an email a long time ago saying the same thing. I thought it was fake so I replied “get cucked,” and never got a response back or anything.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 12:19 PM   #27
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
It's funny that my phone displays notifications like:

"No One replied to your post on Video Editing"

And

"No One appreciated your posting Video Editing"

Kudos on the name choice
I know. I've already seen ambiguous posts like "No one will be driving my fancy car!" ("-Of course I won't. Sorry." ). I chose it for Zen humility: I hate to leave traces.
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2018, 12:20 PM   #28
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Never_Enough did you get what you were looking for to remove identity from performing illegal acts such as racing before the thread turned to blocking identity of online presence before performing illegal acts such as piracy?
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2018, 12:40 PM   #29
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Hahaha had only anyone paid attention to the original intent, the whole argument would be moot.
Fact is that if I'm participating in street racing, the likelihood of the internet police knocking at my door concerning me is nonexistent. #badboysyndrome
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2018, 12:44 PM   #30
are0lies
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I still download torrents, without a VPN. Not worried. It's not like I'm using the Silk Road, if that were even still possible. I download a torrent, as soon as it is finished downloading I stop seeding from my end. No email. In the event that I forget to stop seeding after the download is complete, I get an email from my internet provider saying "stop that." Those emails go in the trash. On occasion I get a virus, my virus protection picks up on it instantly and quarantines. In the past 12 years, I have received countless emails from my internet provider asking me to stop, not one of them has been followed with "or else." I do not expect a visit from the internet police anytime in the near future.

From my experience, it seems that downloading is not an issue, the sharing/seeding after is where they try and get you. Whatever bit-torrent client you use, should have a nifty little "stop" button on it, prevents the seeding which makes you a bad person for taking but not giving back to the community. I suppose being a data thief makes you a bad person in some people's eyes anyway.

I would also like to mention that I have unprotected sex with prostitutes and that I run with scissors.
Anything downloaded, along with this crap, will allow you the argument of "not being of sound mind".
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-04-2018, 12:57 PM   #31
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
Anything downloaded, along with this crap, will allow you the argument of "not being of sound mind".
Whatever do you mean? This shit is on repeat in my car.
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2018, 01:32 PM   #32
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
I'm a terrible person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 3
      10-04-2018, 01:45 PM   #33
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
We knew that from the dating thread already!!!!!!!!!!
Pussy & cocaine, they are a helluva drug!!!!
Appreciate 2
      10-09-2018, 11:33 PM   #34
stifendozon
Netherlands
Rep

Drives: R8

You can look for Camtasia studio.
Its a good and friendly using video editing software.
Appreciate 2
      10-11-2018, 03:39 PM   #35
Texan2er
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 M235i

There is also the HitFilm suite that you can DL and use for free (or upgrade to a paid version which unlocks more editing tools). They have a ton of instructional videos on their website, forum, and YT channel covering both generic editing as well as using their interface specificially. It's decent, though can get bogged down if you're working with 4k footage. Pretty good platform to learn on though.
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2018, 03:56 AM   #36
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Adobe CC, After Effects, iMovie, Final Cut.. according to your taste and level..
Appreciate 1