E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Best place to get paint mixed in sacramento

06-09-2014, 02:47 AM   #1
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Best place to get paint mixed in sacramento

I need some space gray A52 paint to paint some body panels on my car. I've tried a few places and they don't really do a good job of paint matching. does anyone have any experience or where do they mix theres? i need like a perfect match. I'm sure its possible but I've yet to find this place.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 04:12 AM   #2
jaceaholic
thestream.tv
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 sparkling graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_ki
I need some space gray A52 paint to paint some body panels on my car. I've tried a few places and they don't really do a good job of paint matching. does anyone have any experience or where do they mix theres? i need like a perfect match. I'm sure its possible but I've yet to find this place.
try tnt autobody i believe they are in sac. but if you are trying to get a perfect match it will be hard to do unless you repaint the whole car at once..
      06-09-2014, 09:54 AM   #3
carlos916
Semper Fi
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 ///M5

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [5.00]
have you tried just going to Niello Collision Center off Fulton next to Volkswagen dealership.. im sure they can help you out, since they work on all of niello's cars..
      06-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos916 View Post
have you tried just going to Niello Collision Center off Fulton next to Volkswagen dealership.. im sure they can help you out, since they work on all of niello's cars..
No i havent, but thats actaully a good idea as they probably would use the same types of paint that factory uses. I had jerrys paint and a few others mix before and even had a sample of my paint to test on and its always stupid off. My alpine white bumper wqs so ywllowish after i had it painted it was ugly to look at. Ill see if niello can sell me some paint. But dealer doesnt sell paint does he?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 01:08 PM   #5
Turb0Surge
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BLACK e90 335i

Even if you get the right paint code to match the car, the color will always be a little bit off. You will be able to tell the color difference at different angles because the panels were painted at a different time and have not had as much sun wear as the previously painted panels.

The only way to fix this would be to paint the entire car to match, or blend the two panels.
      06-09-2014, 02:50 PM   #6
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turb0Surge View Post
Even if you get the right paint code to match the car, the color will always be a little bit off. You will be able to tell the color difference at different angles because the panels were painted at a different time and have not had as much sun wear as the previously painted panels.

The only way to fix this would be to paint the entire car to match, or blend the two panels.
yea but painting full car cuz of two bumpers and hood is too much work plus factory paint is better. my e92 that i drive right now was fully repainted, but it was a lot of work prepping. and i will do a blend but some i heard the brand of paint matters a lot too, and if its water based or not, thats why I'm looking for what place can get the closest to oem and I'm sure the match will be better.
I understand a 100% match is impossible due to a lot of different factors, but im sure there are some who do it better than others.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 09:03 AM   #7
Turb0Surge
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BLACK e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_ki View Post
yea but painting full car cuz of two bumpers and hood is too much work plus factory paint is better. my e92 that i drive right now was fully repainted, but it was a lot of work prepping. and i will do a blend but some i heard the brand of paint matters a lot too, and if its water based or not, thats why I'm looking for what place can get the closest to oem and I'm sure the match will be better.
I understand a 100% match is impossible due to a lot of different factors, but im sure there are some who do it better than others.

Just blend the two bumper with the fenders and quarter panels and you'll be fine.
      06-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #8
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just blend the two bumper with the fenders and quarter panels and you'll be fine.
or that, but i would rather not touch quarter panels.. or i found a meneber selling his space gray 335d rear bumper, and mines a 335i but i think i wouldn't mind that urea hole.lol although it will confuse some haha
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #9
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Where do you get your stuff painted?
Appreciate 0